Not able to seed any torrent

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
jesterpkl

Not able to seed any torrent

Post by jesterpkl »

I dont understand why my torrent are not seeding anything even though there are so many leechers.

I have no problem downloading though.

My pc have open connection to the port i use and firewall is off.. is there any other thing im missing?

I do notice sometime there is 1 peer trying to connect but soon disconnects from the peer list.

Any idea?
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-09-12 at 11.30.49 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-09-12 at 11.30.55 PM.png
jesterpkl

Re: Not able to seed any torrent

Post by jesterpkl »

i notice in the peer list those that gets disconnected is often with the connection 'BT', does this mean anything? when downloading also often is from those with connection 'uTP'.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Does your ISP or router firewall your qBitTorrent connection?

Are these torrents marked with the private flag, where connectivity is extremely crippled?
jesterpkl

Post by jesterpkl »

my ISP don't block this kind of connections, and the torrent is public ones downloaded from nyaa.

I have already checked my router firewall setting its not it either.

Previously when i still own a window pc, my connections have no problem at all, isp and router settings is the same i haven't touched my router for years.

Now i'm running this on macbook pro.. quite sure it's not the torrent client fault because i have tried several other alternatives but it's all the same, i even turned off my macbook's firewall but still.. not working.

I really have no idea whats the issue already.
jesterpkl

Post by jesterpkl »

oh, i found the problem...

It's the listing somehow bugged the peers number.

After i refresh the trackers i can see that there are no leeches at all but somehow at the listing it is displaying a high number.

The tracker listing is always displaying the correct number though.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

The dreaded (largenumber) peers amount probably happened due to past peers never reported to your qBitTorrent end as now-seeds or gone-for-good.