How many seeding torrents can qBittorrent handle?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Don911

How many seeding torrents can qBittorrent handle?

Post by Don911 »

How many torrents can you seed simultaneously in qBittorrent (quad core Mac Pro)? If you don't know the theoretical maximum, please post the largest number of torrents you have successfully made working. I'm switching from uTorrent Mac which seems able to seed several thousand torrents at the same time without any problems (one poster on Windows had over 7K). And since that program is only 32-bit, I don't see why qBittorrent should not be able to match or exceed that. But it would be great to know. Thanks!
SycL8pG2ztfD9Q

Re: How many seeding torrents can qBittorrent handle?

Post by SycL8pG2ztfD9Q »

For me on Windows 10, v4.1.7, the most it can safely handle is about 200. Once you go into thousands, problems start occurring such as: not being able to exit qBittorrent (https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9190), need to re-check torrents on startup occasionally.
Don911

Post by Don911 »

Wow, that seems like an incredibly small number! Could it be issues with your particular computer? Surely iy must be possible to seed more than 200 torrents successfully with qBittorent, as uTorrent can handle thousands?
MountainInside

Post by MountainInside »

I recently switched to qB from uT in macOS, I'm currently seeding ~4200 torrents, no issues so far.
Don911

Post by Don911 »

Great, thanks! I think I'll make the switch then as well.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

One issue I had which had me going all-in with Transmission (shudder). YMMV but be wary of using Tags. Merely having the sidebar item "Tags" ticked slowed qB to a crawl.

Tip: I f you as did I and simply choose all your torrents and open them in qB, when you get to the dialog window asking where you want to DL, instead of repeatedly clicking "OK" just hold the enter key down until all are loaded.
shivaa95

Post by shivaa95 »

I switched too and it was the best decision I've ever made