Cannot auto use qbittorrent for .torrent files

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
techgal

Cannot auto use qbittorrent for .torrent files

Post by techgal »

When I check "use qbittorrent for .torrent files" in Behavior and hit apply, it unchecked. When I do not hit apply but quit prefs it also becomes unchecked.
How can I use qbittorrent for my .torrent files automatically?
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cannot auto use qbittorrent for .torrent files

Post by Fuga »

In Finder, pick any .torrent file. Right-Click it (or hit control-click). Choose 'Get Info'. Find the 'Open with' option and choose qBittorrent. Next find the 'Change All' option and click it. wait until done. Time will depend on how many .torrent files you have.

techgal

Post by techgal »

I did that, but the torrent still goes into my  downloads folder and only opens  when selected. But, if I start a new download with utorrent open, that torrent will start downloading immediately to utiorrent even though all torrent files are set to qbittorrent.
techgal

Post by techgal »

Okay, so time has passed and I am ready to try this again.When I download a torrent, it goes to my downloads folder. In utorrent it would then automatically start to download. Now in qbittorrent, I have to go into the downloads folder and select. The download begins and another copy of the torrent ends up in the downloads folder. I have tried to select all to open with qbittorrent, no luck. I checked open with qbittorrent in the preferences, no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Can I remove the original torrent or must it remain in the downloads folder with the torrent that now has 1 to show it is the second torrent file associated with the download. My folder is getting crowded.