Download doesn't start

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
commanderclif

Download doesn't start

Post by commanderclif »

Good afternoon! A general question about what troubleshooting tactics I might try when a magnet download doesn't start. I'm on a Mac, Catalina and latest version of qbittorrent. I have a VPN socks5 proxy server setting in place and for the most part, don't have issues. Overall I've noticed some downloads will start nearly immediately, sometimes downloads can take up to 10 minutes to begin however I've encountered one where after several days, still won't start. The tracker site I got the magnet link from lists seeders and leechers, so appears to be legit and not just too new. Just didn't know if there were troubleshooting steps I could review to try and get it kickstarted.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Download doesn't start

Post by Peter »

VPN socks5 proxy
Either use a VPN or a SOCKS5...
Both will render you passive (= bad connection) unless you have a VPN provider with active port forward.
commanderclif

Re: Download doesn't start

Post by commanderclif »

Thank you Peter! I must have notifications off, didn't get alerted of your reply but figured that out after reading the Proxy info page and Nord VPN that told me if I was using the app to not have the Proxy set up. I've had it set up that way for a year but adjusting to remove got me rolling and thanks for the info!!