qBittorrent client freezing extended usage

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
eindhatre

qBittorrent client freezing extended usage

Post by eindhatre »

Would appreciate some help with this.

v4.2.0 initially downloaded when I swapped from uTorrent. Was extremely happy, and still am. Upgraded to v4.2.1 about a week ago and ever since, if I leave my Mac (running macOS 10.15.2) for more than 15-20 minutes (usually 5-8 hours though overnight) with qBittorrent operational, downloading, and on the main screen, and I click anywhere in the qBittorrent client, there is an immediate freezing of the client and within 5-10 seconds appears as "not responding" in the Force Quit application, and will only resolve by force quitting the application and rebooting it. No issues immediately on rebooting.

Downgraded to v4.2.0 again 2 days ago and problem is identical (wasn't an issue until upgrade to v4.2.1).

Doesn't seem to be a problem if laptop is being used for other purposes/apps whilst the client is operating in background, only when the app is left open and is front and centre.

Would appreciate thoughts.
zadigre

Re: qBittorrent client freezing extended usage

Post by zadigre »

I have a similar problem here on my Mac mini running Catalina.

I taught that it had something to do with my external drive going to sleep... so I installed an utility that prevents drives from sleeping... I still have the same problem. Everything else works fines besides qBittorrent on my Mac.
nathandev

Post by nathandev »

Have you had it reinstall? I'd suggest, first delete it and reinstall it again.

Might it help
zadigre

Post by zadigre »

nathandev wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14 pm Have you had it reinstall? I'd suggest, first delete it and reinstall it again.

Might it help
Yes I did this... I even cleaned out all the préférence files before reinstalling... still same problem.

This problem is somewhat hard to reproduce because it doesn’t happen all the time...
nathandev

Post by nathandev »

Yes I did this... I even cleaned out all the préférence files before reinstalling... still same problem.

This problem is somewhat hard to reproduce because it doesn’t happen all the time...
A few more things to try:

Disable your A/V.

Temporarily turn off the firewall on the machine where you're running qBt. (Not a long term solution, of course.)

Try the same machine on a different network.
Last edited by nathandev on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing quote tags
zadigre

Post by zadigre »

No antivirus and no firewall il on my mac.

I cannot move my computer to an other network for now