slow speeds

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
derrellsimpson

slow speeds

Post by derrellsimpson »

hello.

has anyone else noticed extremely slow performance on Macos 11 big sur? i get no more than 2 or 300k speeds on a 1 G up/down fiber account. i get these slow speeds on and off the VPN. bittorrent web gets great download speeds.

i undated to big sur today and all was working great before when i was on catalina.

any help would be appreciated
bastardsheep

Re: slow speeds

Post by bastardsheep »

I'm not getting any progress at all on any new torrents after upgrading to Big Sur. Still trying to get some idea as to the reason before I log a bug report. Just sits there at 0b with a status "Downloading...", doesn't seem to even create the folder for the torrent in the directory I have set up for in-progress torrents.
derrellsimpson

Post by derrellsimpson »

Mostly the same for me. If I queue up 5 or 6 one or two of them will start downloading extremely slowly. I’m honestly surprised no one has posted about this. Hopefully it’s not just you and I experiencing the issue!
bastardsheep

Post by bastardsheep »

loekf

Post by loekf »

bastardsheep wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:35 am Bugger it. Logged a ticket anyway https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/13747
I found a solution. Instead of allowing qBittorent to set your max download speed to infinite, set it to the max speed of the internet connection (or a lower value if you want). So in my case set to 22000 KiB/s (I have 220 Mbps)
Then it works fine.
derrellsimpson

Post by derrellsimpson »

loekf wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:40 pm
bastardsheep wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:35 am Bugger it. Logged a ticket anyway https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/13747
I found a solution. Instead of allowing qBittorent to set your max download speed to infinite, set it to the max speed of the internet connection (or a lower value if you want). So in my case set to 22000 KiB/s (I have 220 Mbps)
Then it works fine.

i think thats got it! thanks so much!!!

DS