Is there a limitless QBT?

Windows specific questions, problems.
DownloaderHamberder

Is there a limitless QBT?

Post by DownloaderHamberder »

For a short while I'm going to need to download a large library of programming books 200+ GB, spread in many torrents of different sizes so I'll need more than 2,000 Global Connections and more than 999 active torrents at the same time, I have both limits unchecked; Does this means that both limits are off and there is no internal limit as indicate on the grayed out boxes?

I need a LIMITLESS QBT, do we have that now or there are mods to do this? Can anyone tell for sure?
I need to put all the torrents on queue and have peace of mind that will not be queued or delayed by QBT client in anyway.

PD: I seed a factor of 2 since my UL=170 KB/s only so big downloads like this take a lot of days to seed, but sadly I have seen many downloaders that seed for a day or just hit and run; if we all seed even at 1.01 ratio, without time limit, there will always be alive torrents, so please spread the word about this, thanks.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is there a limitless QBT?

Post by Peter »

1) Having more global connections will put more stress on your router and modem. So make sure they can both handle it.
Usually you do NOT need that many connections - in fact you don't even need to raise the limit.

2) If those files are so important, I'd simply rent a seedbox. You can rent one for a week only. Or a month. It won't make you bankrupt and trust me, those things are fast.

3) 200gb is nothing, it's really not much.

Back when the Wikileaks happened and there was this leak in torrent - now THAT was something. I think there were like ... 20-50,000 torrent FILES in the pack? Like JUST TORRENT FILES. My qBittorrent would crash and burn. I mean it was years ago, the client was not as advanced as it is now. But yea, that was nuts. 200gb? Nothing.
DownloaderHamberder

Re: Is there a limitless QBT?

Post by DownloaderHamberder »

Sure for an American and dedicated torrenter 200 GB is nothing, but I have realized it's more like 800+ GB, but probably still nothing, but I'm from Bolivia and my max download speed is 700-750 KB/s, so seed boxes here don't exist, you have your computer at home and your modem/router to the Internet and that's it, so in my case it's a big problem, I'm connected 24/7 so that helps, will saturate my biggest 2TB HDD, and even I need to spread opvet the 1 TB with only 135 GB free, can't afford another HDD, anyway, thanks for the explanation.