[official]qBittorrent 4.3.9 installer - Built with MSVC 2017

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
42n82rist

Re: [official]qBittorrent 4.3.8 installer - Built with MSVC 2017

Post by 42n82rist »

Peter wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:48 amBut why use a proprietary piece of software in 2021 when 7-zip is open-source and available for 100% free? ???
Apathy?? Maybe.
Is it still functional? It has never failed me w/my compression/encryption (and reverse) needs.
Is it broken? Nope.
Does it need fixing? Not yet
Is it the default utility? Absolutely and for far too long!

Chacun à son goût? Most Definitely!
mzso

Post by mzso »

Hi!
I don't see a 4.4.x thread, but I think it was also happening on 4.3.x.

Recently I noticed that recently when I press the browse button in the add torrent window, I get navigated to a folder that is the parent folder of whatever was in the path field (unless it's a drive root). This feels like bug to me, at least I'm hoping it's not a feature. Because it's not very practical to do this. Especially when there are several other folders in this locations so it takes a bit to find the folder I was interested in.

Also the non existent folder notification is displayed all the time erroneously. Claiming for all folders that they don't exist, even though they're there.
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

Wrong thread for client bugs. But I cannot reproduce either. 1) Add Torrent File navigation takes me inside the folder of a path that I paste into the File Name field whether it has a tailing backslash or not. 2) Non-existent folders can happen if you're trying to access folders that don't belong to you, such as a portable harddrive from another computer. Run qbt As Administrator or take ownership of the folders. Respond to this comment in a different forum thread or open an Issue on github. /end

People are Subscribed to this thread to receive email notifications when a new client is released and compiled.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [official]qBittorrent 4.3.9 installer - Built with MSVC 2017

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

4.3.9 link-> http://www.fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html
Changelog: http://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

Libraries's version used:
Libtorrent: 1.2.14+git28ebc27622
Qt: 5.15.2
Boost: 1.76.0

PS: To anyone wondering: Boost 1.77 wasn't used due to compilation problems.
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

Is this thread ended? Is 4.4.x the current and proper build now? Is 4.3.9 obsolete?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

raccoon wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:59 pm Is this thread ended? Is 4.4.x the current and proper build now? Is 4.3.9 obsolete?
I mean there are no huge changes in libtorrent that would force you to upgrade.
So 4.3.9 is not obsolete and probably it won't be for a long time.
4.3.9 still uses the old libtorrent, so it's use could be a good workaround if you have any problems with 4.4.0 and 4.4.1.

IF you use the web UI, always use the latest version. And/or use an IP whitelist. If you expose ports to the internet, always play it safe.