[official]qBittorrent 3.1.12 installer - Built with MSVC 2013

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [official]qBittorrent 3.1.2 installer - Built with MSVC 2008

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Here is qBittorrent 3.1.2 built with MSVC 2008 express.

3.1.2 link-> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittor ... e/download
Changelog: http://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

Libraries's version used:
Libtorrent: 0.16.12+svn9273
Qt: 4.8.5
Boost: 1.54.0
100%

Post by 100% »

Thanks sledge, you're the man! ;)
Doadin

Post by Doadin »

Hello, im not sure if this is the place to post but with the last two recent builds.(may have come earlier too but just started using qbittorrent recently) I have been having a problem with in the Execution Log Blocked IPs tab its showing blocked IPs. Now that would be good except i have ipfilter disabled. I tried toggling it same result. I also tried loading a blank filter and toggling it again same result. How can i disable it or clear the filter?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Doadin"]
Hello, im not sure if this is the place to post but with the last two recent builds.(may have come earlier too but just started using qbittorrent recently) I have been having a problem with in the Execution Log Blocked IPs tab its showing blocked IPs. Now that would be good except i have ipfilter disabled. I tried toggling it same result. I also tried loading a blank filter and toggling it again same result. How can i disable it or clear the filter?
[/quote]

Libtorrent blocks bad ips too, based on several facts. The most common one is when a peer sends bad data regularly.
loki

Post by loki »

It does clear the filter when restarted?
Doadin

Post by Doadin »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Doadin"]
[/quote]

Libtorrent blocks bad ips too, based on several facts. The most common one is when a peer sends bad data regularly.
[/quote]

ok so its not an ipfilter rule even though thats what it says? Is there not a way to distinguish between libtorrent blocking and blocking done by the ipfilter.(Kinda of confusing) If not maybe change the message to a more generic message like "*ip* was blocked."

Looking through the source it looks like this:
@/src/qtlibtorrent/qbtsession.cpp:1679
  if (from_ipfilter)
    msg = "<font color='grey'>" + QDateTime::currentDateTime().toString(QString::fromUtf8("dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss")) + "</font> - " + tr("<font color='red'>%1</font> <i>was blocked due to your IP filter</i>", "x.y.z.w was blocked").arg(ip);

Is whats happening. (The only place i found so far with that message lot of code though maybe i just havent gotten to it) Again though if it includes libtorrents blocking then maybe a more generic message would be more appropriate.
Last edited by Doadin on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doadin

Post by Doadin »

If this is the only place "was blocked due to your IP filter" then it is infact a bug because i shouldnt be getting this message ever since i dont have a ipfilter set. And therefore if (from_ipfilter) should never be true.
Last edited by Doadin on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

• Unfortunately it is not possible to distinguish the source of peer block.

libtorrent sends peer_blocked_alert in any of these circumstances:
    1. the IP filter
    2. i2p mixed mode restrictions (a normal peer is not allowed on an i2p swarm)
    3. the port filter
    4. the peer has a low port and no_connect_privileged_ports is enabled
    5. the protocol of the peer is blocked (uTP/TCP blocking)
    peer_baned_alert is sent when a peer sends too many corrupt pieces, both alerts are logged with the same message.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

What Dayman said. But I think, as Doadin suggested, we should make the log string a bit more generic.

(PS: I have one last thing that I test, and I'll probably release 3.1.3 late tonight)
Doadin

Post by Doadin »

[quote="Dayman"]
  • Unfortunately it is not possible to distinguish the source of peer block.

libtorrent sends peer_blocked_alert in any of these circumstances:
    1. the IP filter
    2. i2p mixed mode restrictions (a normal peer is not allowed on an i2p swarm)
    3. the port filter
    4. the peer has a low port and no_connect_privileged_ports is enabled
    5. the protocol of the peer is blocked (uTP/TCP blocking)
    peer_baned_alert is sent when a peer sends too many corrupt pieces, both alerts are logged with the same message.
[/quote]

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
What Dayman said. But I think, as Doadin suggested, we should make the log string a bit more generic.

(PS: I have one last thing that I test, and I'll probably release 3.1.3 late tonight)
[/quote]

Ok, thanks guys!

PS: As noted a more generic log message would be less confusing and maybe so the code is less confusing too change the if from_ipfilter to if blocked_peer_a or something like that. I know the code doesnt make a difference in actual use but if someone wanted to help contribute it make it easyer to understand.
Last edited by Doadin on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doadin

Post by Doadin »

I made a pull request for this but i accidentally added a different change to the same pull. Please review. Thanks.

( https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/1108 )

The DHT commit assumes that when the proxy sessions setting where consolidated in libtorrent that it still proxies DHT if this isnt the case ignore or maybe a way to notify the user maybe a good idea. However if it is, i think to protect your users it should be disabled if an unsupported proxy is in use.(What the commit does) Apparently with the DHT commit it fails to build you guys will have to chekc that i guess.
Last edited by Doadin on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rerial

Post by rerial »

silly question but does it matter if you install over an existing qbittorrent installation when updating as opposed to uninstalling it first?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [official]qBittorrent 3.1.3 installer - Built with MSVC 2008

Here is qBittorrent 3.1.3 built with MSVC 2008 express.

3.1.3 link-> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittor ... e/download
Changelog: http://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

Libraries's version used:
Libtorrent: 0.16.12+svn9305
Qt: 4.8.5
Boost: 1.55.0
100%

Re: [official]qBittorrent 3.1.3 installer - Built with MSVC 2008

Post by 100% »

Cheers, greatly appreciated!
Nemo
Administrator