[unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
tobindax

Re: [unofficial]qBittorrent git master builds: 3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0

Post by tobindax »

I'm not 100% sure but I think this new libtorrent or other change has probably fixed an issue I had with "I/O error" when I tried to play a video that wasn't downloaded yet. I was getting this issue in last one-two stable releases. But not now.
bloodybunny

Post by bloodybunny »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="bloodybunny"]
O have this since 3.2.0 alpha now i'm on beta, win8.1 x64. Every time i start qbit it looks like this. I can fix it by opening and closing any of the bottom tabs.
1. is it a bug? 2. if/how can i fix this on a more permanent matter. (picture attached)
[/quote]

Can you take a backup of your qbittorrent.ini and then delete the original? Start again qbt, make it look the way you want it and restart it. Does it display the same problem?

[/quote]

Started whit a new .ini file made the changes i want and had the same problem.

Found the problem.
If i uncheck "Show qbittorent in notification area" it looks like that. Check the option and every thing turns back to normal.
Last edited by bloodybunny on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="bloodybunny"]
If i uncheck "Show qbittorent in notification area" it looks like that. Check the option and every thing turns back to normal.
[/quote]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
WOW!!! This is so counter-intuitive. I just checked and I can reproduce on Windows 7 too.
bloodybunny

Post by bloodybunny »

[quote="bloodybunny"]
[/quote]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
WOW!!! This is so counter-intuitive. I just checked and I can reproduce on Windows 7 too.
[/quote]

Yeah ... i had the same reaction :))

Edit: I believe this is only specific to 3.2.0 branch. Can't check right now but i had the same settings on 3.1.12 and didn't see it. Pls check if it helps.
Last edited by bloodybunny on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
merula

Post by merula »

What date can we expect for the final version, not exact day of course but will it be a matter of some weeks or some months probably ? I see some improvements (moved/deleted files are marked as missing now and are not downloaded again for example) but most trackers I use do not accept beta versions so I will have to use another client until the final release unfortunately (and I would prefer not going back to 3.1xxx) 
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

And if you click on it, does it show a single torrent in the transfer list? What do is its trackers' status?
[/quote]
It happens when i add a torrent and then remove it, the Errors says 1 but no torrents actually exist

Switeck

Post by Switeck »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"][quote="Switeck"]When I tried to re-add a previously-downloaded torrent to qbittorrent_3.2.0beta_20150329_c6bfcd0 , qBT claimed to be looking in the correct location but actually kept pointing to its default download folder and refused to detect the already-existing files.
Is this a new or previous bug?[/quote]Do you have "keep incomplete torrent in" enabled? If yes, try disabling it.[/quote]I tried reproducing the error and it seemed to only occur with "keep incomplete torrent in" enabled. What is odd is right-clicking on the torrent and choosing "Open destination folder" seems to do nothing even when that folder exists, empty or not.
merula

Post by merula »

@shiki

Yes, the portable version should be right in this situation, thanks for the hint
pesqb

Post by pesqb »

This version has been the torrenting solution I have searched for a long, long time. The side panel for tracker selection is something I missed very much from the days I used seedboxes running Linux based on libtorrent/rutorrent. Thanks for making this possible on Windows! Now let's hope trackers' admins will whitelist the 3.2.x versions!
Last edited by pesqb on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Welcome pesqb,

[quote="pesqb"]
Now let's hope trackers' admins will whitelist the 3.2.x versions!
[/quote]

They will once the final version gets released. Its known that alphas/betas aren't being whitelisted.
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

Alright. So, first off, today I installed the beta the first time.
So far, it's running fine, as the stable version of qBittorrent does.

But there is one thing. When checking the trackers, I clicked on "Error" (which contains 17 torrents).
When looking on the tracker of a torrent, every single tracker seemed to work. I removed all trackers which had 0 peers, so there are only 'really' working trackers left. Yet, the torrent is still listed under the category "Error".

EDIT from April 13, 2015:
Additionally, I noticed a problem of resolving the peer countries (GeoIP). For example, xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.baf.movistar.cl (originally a chilean peer) is shown as a peer from the USA. This also happened with other peers.
Last edited by FliessendWasser on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tobindax

Post by tobindax »

[quote="tobindax"]
I'm not 100% sure but I think this new libtorrent or other change has probably fixed an issue I had with "I/O error" when I tried to play a video that wasn't downloaded yet. I was getting this issue in last one-two stable releases. But not now.
[/quote]

That seems to be almost confirmed now. It seems practically impossible to get an i/o error when playing uncompleted videos. That was also the case a few stable releases ago.
Herrn Jensen

Post by Herrn Jensen »

Hi

I am running the latest beta.

I am wondering if the behavior of the tracker tab is as designed.

When I start the trackers is as they always has been. But after a few minutes there is a lot of trackers.
I don't know if it is good or bad. Good if it helps finding seeders/peers, bad if it a way to track my doing.

As example i have this ubuntu seed.
Normally there are only 2 trackers torrent.ubuntu.com and ipv6.torrent.ubuntu.com.
They are also present in the list.

One funny thing is, that also trackers, which do not work, is on the list.
Another thing is, that the trackerts is not in the tracker list to the left ??.

Regards
/Jensen
Attachments
QBTtracker.png
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I think the extra trackers come from "exchange trackers with other peers". Try disabling it from the advanced settings.