[official]qBittorrent 3.3.16 installer - Built with MSVC 2017

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
tekko

Re: [official]qBittorrent 3.3.4 installer - Built with MSVC 2015

Post by tekko »

I rather have my ram to be spent on performance stuff like caching than on graphical stuff.
Please keep qbt lightweighted.
Those websites with effects annoy me enough. i.e. load more as u go down the page?? Why can't they just go back and let you select the page? If I left at the 100th article and I want to look at the 101th when I am back; I would have to load that 100 articles all over again...
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote="tekko"]
I rather have my ram to be spent on performance stuff like caching than on graphical stuff.
Please keep qbt lightweighted. [/quote] Absolutely 100% agree.

Why people choose to use qbittorrent and then complain because "it's not like uTorrent" baffle me, if you like uTorrent, then just use uTorrent.
It's like the "speed graphs", if you want graphs ... use tixati the graphs there are fairly comprehensive. Sure, it crashes a lot when they are used, but that's the penalty for having all that pointless 'bloat'.

[quote="tekko"]
Those websites with effects annoy me enough. i.e. load more as u go down the page?? Why can't they just go back and let you select the page? If I left at the 100th article and I want to look at the 101th when I am back; I would have to load that 100 articles all over again... [/quote]

I'm glad the dumb "ever scroll"/"lazy load" 'feature' bugs somebody else as well.

I don't want to keep scrolling, I want to know when your page DOESN'T have what I'm looking for, showing me more 'stuff' that I don't want is NOT going to make me buy something else instead! I am just going to leave.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="tekko"]
Those websites with effects annoy me enough. i.e. load more as u go down the page?? Why can't they just go back and let you select the page? If I left at the 100th article and I want to look at the 101th when I am back; I would have to load that 100 articles all over again...
[/quote]

They memory leak like a sieve aswell.
My personal pet peeve are the "iframe for everything" websites that dont properly close the handle (alot of ipb plugins are guilty of this).
Was on a forums site that uses an iframe to render link previews (like how skype does it) and loading a page full of youtube links caused firefox to jump from 400mb of ram straight to 2gb.

[quote="ciaobaby"]
I want to know when your page DOESN'T have what I'm looking for, showing me more 'stuff' that I don't want is NOT going to make me buy something else instead! I am just going to leave.
[/quote]
omg and that too, cant ctrl+f search the infinite scroll pages...
Way to break functionality for your pointless memory hog scripts.
If you're bored and use firefox load one of those permascroll pages (eg twitter) put your browser on one half of the screen, and a task manager/memory viewer on the other half and hold page down and after a bit change to page up...
Watch it literally eat your ram..
64bit browsers are going to be an absolute neccessity if this trend continues..
Last edited by KitKat on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

KitKat

Post by KitKat »

Image from the first post

Looks like all hes done is updated the hotbar icons to "fancier" ones & added a "select all/none" button?
If thats all it is then yeah i guess i dont hate it ;p

Minor "Prettyness" update and some added useability.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

This is the current state of that PR:
[img width=300]https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/273315/14234290/4046e5a6-f9e8-11e5-9634-f76dce1be84e.jpg[/img]

About the false positives: I use upx to minimize the installer executable. I think this is what triggers the false positives. I'll consider stop using it in next release because the file size difference isn't very big.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Looks very nice! I like it.
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
This is the current state of that PR:
[/quote]

That's a lot better.. Icons down the left status and inside transfers panel need replacing too, square block mono colors look bad (One of W10's downfalls)
The Qute theme-like icons that utorrent uses look a lot better, get rid of the background color please.

I also hope that status coloring can be turned off, that sort of styling is out of the DOS era, if you're reading the status colors aren't really required.

Also the other icons including the speedo need replacing.
Anyway, nice to see the work, good job so far.

Here's a shot of Haoduken which also looks fairly clean in comparison, although this isn't exactly "modern" it still looks fine.

Last edited by Ryrynz on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

About the false positives: I use upx to minimize the installer executable. I think this is what triggers the false positives.
[/quote]
It is, UPX is an "experimental" packer, when used on an OS/system setup(or the AV uses strict VM'ing to saferun it due to reputation) that FAILS to properly use the memory-less unpack (requires a temp file creation to unpack the upx file) an AV will detect the temp file (which is the same for all unmodified versions of UPX) as malware due to it passing a heuristics test for known malware that also uses UPX. This sort of detection typically occurs at the start of the month for new UPX packed releases, this fit your release/report timeframe.
However some Antimalwares will detect 100% of files packed with UPX as malware due to the default "decompress on execute > memory clear" it attempts to perform.

/e:
I packed my executeables with MPRESS and dont remember getting any AV detections back when i did release work that wasnt inhouse (inhouse just runs scripts now lel) (2010-2013) so i dont know how good/reliable it is atm as i doubt its been updated. (not many compression packers are updated..)
A software developer friend recommends using themida but i think he gave me a suggestion for a protector/obfuscator not a compression packer IIRC.

/e2: MPRESS compression slightly increases the memory footprint as it has to decode itself, UPX has a lower/0 extra memory footprint due to it decoding itself with a packed temp file..
Last edited by KitKat on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tekko

Post by tekko »

For 3.3.4, the .fastresume files no longer have the trailing dot number. So for experiment, I tried installing 3.3.3 and it asked me if I want to do the conversion. I didn't and went back to 3.3.4.
Would it cause problem for ppl switching btwn 3.3.3 and 3.3.4? or pre-v3.3.0 directly to 3.3.4?
Last edited by tekko on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="tekko"]
For 3.3.4, the .fastresume files no longer have the trailing dot number. So for experiment, I tried installing 3.3.3 and it asked me if I want to do the conversion. I didn't and went back to 3.3.4.
Would it cause problem for ppl switching btwn 3.3.3 and 3.3.4? or pre-v3.3.0 directly to 3.3.4?
[/quote]
It would cause a problem for people switching from pre 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 IF 3.3.4 does NOT also ask them to do the conversion.
A problem with pre-change and post-change clients is under some operating systems (windows 10) the client must be run with full admin privalidges when it makes those changes initially or it will fail.
Last edited by KitKat on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

It autoconverts from the v3.3.3 to the v3.3.4 system.
qbituser

Post by qbituser »

Does anyone else have an issue with the inhibit sleep setting not working? It could be a problem on my end but I'm not sure.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

This is the current state of that PR:[/quote]
I like it but the icons seem a bit small. They need to be proportionate to their taskbar.