[official]qBittorrent 3.0.11 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
100%

Re: qBittorrent 3.0.9 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by 100% »

Thanks Sledge, keep it up!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Chris is updating the main website. This is considered a stable release. Normally it shouldn't create any regressions. 3.0.8 problems were caused mainly by libtorrent. Also, anyone having autoupdate enabled would get a notification of a new version anyway.
tekko

Post by tekko »

Those new tracker list functions in alpha ver. doesn't seem to show in 3.0.9 and once again the "force recheck" confirmation is not showing. They all work in alpha.
Last edited by tekko on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

3.0.x is the stable series. New features aren't usually included. Most probably those tracker features weren't backported to 3.0.x
tekko

Post by tekko »

Thanks for clarifying. I'll stick with the alpha version then.
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

this thread needs to be either closed or renamed
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

why?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Cause there are ''too many builds'' he says. See here: http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=1802.0
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [official]qBittorrent 3.0.9 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

I put an "official" tag just so to make it clear. This thread serves 2 purposes:
1. Inform the forum users of a new official release.
2. Offer quick discussion on the new build in case severe bugs are detected.

The unofficial alpha 32/64bit offer a way to test new code in qbt. Users using them are considered "guinea pigs" for me :p They know that these are untested waters. On the plus side they can have the latest and greatest of qbt+libtorrent. 64bit has its place too, and since noone is complaining I assume that Dayman does a splendid job on that. The important thing is that these builds are only visible to the forum users and are unofficial. The "noobs" just see the stable release on the main page which is the only official build for windows.
Onemoar

Re: [official]qBittorrent 3.0.9 installer - Built with MSVC 2008 and uTP support

Post by Onemoar »

what libtorrent repo are you using this may be a stupid question but I hope you aren't using libtorrent from the google code or rakshasa both are dead projects and horribly broken and maintend by someone that could't merge code to save his ass
THIS http://sourceforge.net/p/libtorrent/cod ... /branches/
is the only one you should be using
stupid question but I feel I need to ask it anyway
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Onemoar"]
what libtorrent repo are you using this may be a stupid question but I hope you aren't using libtorrent from the google code or rakshasa both are dead projects and horribly broken and maintend by someone that could't merge code to save his ass
THIS http://sourceforge.net/p/libtorrent/cod ... /branches/
is the only one you should be using
stupid question but I feel I need to ask it anyway
[/quote]

Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

and that explains that ranshaka sucks period its never updated and nothing is ever fixed I don't even think that the spareflag was patched in

http://sourceforge.net/p/libtorrent/cod ... s/RC_0_16/
try building from there and everything should be fine
the "mainline' fork of libtorrent is not even close to being up to spec with even the RC_0_15 branch of pylibtorrent let alone the latest RC_0_16
this is where all the bugs are coming from
its also why people seem to be having less issues with dayman's builds as IIRC he builds from the SVN
the python lib interface is almost identical to the pure C++/BOOST one should function exact the same with no changes
Last edited by Onemoar on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Onemoar"]
and that explains that ranshaka sucks period its never updated and nothing is ever fixed I don't even think that the spareflag was patched in

http://sourceforge.net/p/libtorrent/cod ... s/RC_0_16/
try building from there and everything should be fine
the "mainline' fork of libtorrent is not even close to being up to spec with even the RC_0_15 branch of pylibtorrent let alone the latest RC_0_16
this is where all the bugs are coming from
its also why people seem to be having less issues with dayman's builds as IIRC he builds from the SVN
the python lib interface is almost identical to the pure C++/BOOST one should function exact the same with no changes
[/quote]

Seriously? I think you have a comprehension problem...
rasterbar != rakshasa
Rasterbar's libtorrent website = http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libtorrent/
Rakshasa's libtorrent website = http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/

And in case you are still confused: qBittorrent always used the libtorrent you are linking to (ie rasterbar's).....
Onemoar

Post by Onemoar »

which if you click the link on the front page takes you to libtorrent.org and if you click there download/src links it takes you to the Google code page and the stuff on the Google code page is broken witch is why i asked and wanted to know if you where compiling form source or using the prebuilt libs that are known to be buggy
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="Onemoar"]
which if you click the link on the front page takes you to libtorrent.org and if you click there download/src links it takes you to the Google code page and the stuff on the Google code page is broken witch is why i asked and wanted to know if you where compiling form source or using the prebuilt libs that are known to be buggy
[/quote]

libtorrent-rb bugtracker and source tarball releases are at Google code, source code is managed at sourceforge.