qBittorrent wins my comparison test

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
WLS

qBittorrent wins my comparison test

Post by WLS »

I recently performed a clean install of openSUSE 11.3(x86-64) with the KDE Desktop.

My previous torrent client was uTorrent running in Wine, and I was quite happy with it, but decided to try what was available for Linux.

So I installed qBittorrent and decided to put it up against ktorrent v4.0.4.

I configured them the same, and both have the features I want, but qBittorrent download speeds were faster for some reason. Upload speeds were the same and consistent. I also liked the Network status icon, which seems to be missing from ktorrent. I didn't know if I had incoming connections or not.

So based on the fact I'm getting better download speeds with qBittorrent, it is the winner, and I'm now a member of the small, but growing user base. :D

WLS
ironcross

Re: qBittorrent wins my comparison test

Post by ironcross »

Great 8-)
WLS

Post by WLS »

[quote=""ironcross""]Great 8-)[/quote]

Not so great.

I found that after a certain amount of time qBittorrent just dies during seeding.

I recently installed the Linux version of uTorrent, and now use it.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote=""WLS""]
I found that after a certain amount of time qBittorrent just dies during seeding.
[/quote]
Win versions 2.4.9.1 and 2.4.10 have some problem with the seed; there is something wrong in the libtorrent. Maybe it affect the Lin versions too :roll:
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Only if the maintainer uses the latest / problematic version... if you use the PPA, it is built with the latest AFAIK.