Official Thank You Topic

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Official Thank You Topic

Post by Nemo »

Hi all, I saw this somewhere else (private tracker I use) and thought lets have one too :D! So let me start to say a big thanks to all the people who are involved to make qBittorrent possible, for all their efforts to produce a great client.

I've used different clients in the past like Azureus (Before it went to Vuze), Bitcomet (when it still was good), uTorrent (sold out + currently providing bloat) and even BitSpirit which was not that bad back in the days. Later Halite (development went very, very slow) and finally qBittorrent and that will stay for a while :).
loki

Re: Official Thank You Topic

Post by loki »

Me too, I haven't tried as many versions as you but my torrent client started out with Azureus after eD2k virtually disappeared from or just before the razorback2 incident.
Then I went to utorrent for more lightweight from what I remember, but I still kinda miss watching the little swarm file transfer thing Azureus had.
Then I tried out Halite when utorrent "sold out" to Bittorrent Inc. Got frustrated with almost no development/versions, it may have also been only 1-man team but still decent client for very lightweight.
Then I found Deluge, which at the time I found it it was getting regular updates, and including windows builds. Seemed all of a sudden there was no longer official windows builds and development also seems to have ground to a halt, which lead me here as an almost identical (based on libtorrent) client.
SpliceT

Post by SpliceT »

Much like Nemo, I have also tried many clients, and agree with everything everyone has said above about them, and thus I am here. Huge thank you to those who help develop this great client. Long live qBittorrent~!
loki

Post by loki »

I forgot the actual thank you part, so thank you qbittorrent for providing me the features I need and want in a torrent client.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Thanks a lot to:
  • christophe.dumez
  • mkdib
  • sledgehammer_999
  • shiki
100%

Post by 100% »

[quote="ironcross"]
Thanks a lot to:
  • christophe.dumez
  • mkdib
  • sledgehammer_999
  • shiki
[/quote]

All of you guys, I really thank you!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

And don't forget Dayman (Gelmir). He has contributed a lot lately. You should see a lot of RSS fixes/features from him.
100%

Post by 100% »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
And don't forget Dayman (Gelmir). He has contributed a lot lately. You should see a lot of RSS fixes/features from him.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right, thanks Dayman, keep up the good work!
zeomal

Post by zeomal »

Here's my official

[glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left]Thank you!  ;D[/shadow][/glow]

For all those who are concerned with the development of qBittorrent - the best Bit Torrent client, and destined to become the most popular one too!
Joss

Post by Joss »

Thank you for the best client I've used.
trad2kx

Post by trad2kx »

The best client i have used. Donated! People, please donate. Let the project remain alive. We spend more on beers :)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks and welcome by the way :).
Papanikles

Post by Papanikles »

qBittorrent will be the best client of world :D Thanks to all for your hard work  :)
Last edited by Papanikles on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Alpha works great, can't wait for the stable! Thanks to everyone who put their hard work into it.
Qkhahh

Post by Qkhahh »

Yeah. I am another guy that has left utorrent since it was consumed. In using qbt I have found that it seems to load and start dl'n faster than utorrent. It also seems to locate all of the trackers for a file faster than utorrent so all of the seeds for a file are located and connected quicker.

Hmmm. I guess that would mean if not for the consumption of utorrent by bittorrent I would still be using a slower, less streamlined client.

A serendipitous thanks to utorrent. ???

A personal thanks to the qbt guys. :)
Last edited by Qkhahh on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.