Bitcoin and Litecoin donations

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Bitcoin and Litecoin donations

Post by sledgehammer_999 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:10 pm

I have set up bitcoin and litecoin addresses for donations in the main page. I prefer them to Paypal, but PayPal will continue since most users won't donate in bitcoins/liteocins anyway.

news link: http://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

knopfler1980

Re: Bitcoin and Litecoin donations

Post by knopfler1980 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:51 am

Sorry if I reply here because pin topic but I would like to know more about bitcoins.

In future I'm planning finish to configure my server in Google Cloud Platform and offer my services as systems administrator and I would like to know if I could get paid through bitcoins without government monitoring (sorry but I don't want to pay any taxes) and if I will be able to buy things with bitcoins or should I transfer small amounts to a paypal account and buy from there.

I also saw this website for bitcoins https://commerce.coinbase.com/?lang=es, would you recommend any?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Regards

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter » Sun May 31, 2020 6:26 pm

I just use Bitstamp - used them since forever and so far they haven't stole the money or anything like that.
One downside is that they took like 25 EUR from just a simple bank transfer top-up BUT, maybe others also take a lot of money on larger transfers - I don't know about that. Anyhow, that site is safe, it works. There might be other, better providers, but this one just worked fine for me.

knopfler1980

Post by knopfler1980 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:12 pm

So if I understood right you can't purchase with bitcoins, only transfer money from your bitcoin account to your bank account so it's better make a big transference to avoid paying 25€ each time.

Thanks a lot for explain me how bitcoin works a bit. I asked a developer and believed that I wanted to do something illegal when I only wanted to get paid and keep all the money (if I get any) for me, just simply as that to avoid paid nationalists in my country.

Regards and again thanks