Windows 8/8.1
4%
Windows 7
11%
Windows XP
14%
Windows 2000/98/95 or older
No votes
Mac OS (Write down which version below).
14%
Linux based OS (Write down which one/version below).
4%
Mixed (If you have a Mac and a Windows system for example).
7%
None of them (Comment below).
No votes

Total votes: 28

Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

[POLL] What OS are you using?

Post by Nemo »

Lets see what OS everyone is using :D! This is also a discussion topic at the same time.

A small explanation of the choices:

- Options 1 till 4 speaks for itself; The different Windows versions. If its 32/64Bit doesn't matter. You can write this down below if you want to.
- Mac OS: If you are using a Mac OS based system, and not forget to mention which one like Leopard for example.
- Linux OS: Again not forget which one because there are several different versions of them avaliable.
- Mixed: If you are using a Windows system and a Mac one, or Linux. So you are not only using strictly 1 OS but different ones also.
- None of them: A funny one and might sound silly, but lets wait and see :D.

I voted for Windows 7 Ultimate (64Bit). Why? Its stable, runs very good, everything works as it should and im quite happy with it. I might upgrade to Windows 8.1 but im not enough convienced yet to take that step. I never used any Linux based OS in the past and not planning to use it either but im curious about it and might try it one day. My brother has a Macbook (don't know which one exactly) and only used it few times so I can't say much about it. Im not such a fan of any Apple products but thats my opinion which is personal.
ciaobaby

Re: [POLL] What OS are you using?

Post by ciaobaby »

Linux, machines running Mint 15 (32 bit) and 16 (64 bit), one running CentOS 6.4 (64 bit) not a Windows machine in sight.
I never used any Linux based OS in the past and not planning to use it either but im curious about it and might try it one day
Go for it, it really is not the "geeky" arcane oddity it once was.
Download a .iso of Mint 16 with LXDE or XFCE and run the "Live CD" to test drive it. Avoid Ubuntu for your "first experience" of Linux as it WILL have you yelling at it when it asks for the 'root' password AGAIN just to change the screensaver. Security is one thing ... getting in the way for minor changes is NOT a good idea.
Nili

Post by Nili »

Debian 8 (Jessie)  ;)
Last edited by Nili on Thu May 14, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

8.1 on main laptop, 7 on desktop, 7 and Fedora on other older laptop.
Since my laptop is the machine I use most of the time, and Secure Boot (or was it UEFI) killed easy/simple dual boot, I just keep Linux/FreeBSD installations in virtual machines. At least I can roll back in a vm if an update kills my guest machine. I remember when an update killed my entire OS and I only had a Linux on my main machine. (And boy, btrfs snapshots don't look that simple/comfy.)

Oh, and compiling qBittorrent under Linux is much easier, so that's the #1 reason why I keep the vms around.
poekrose

Post by poekrose »

8.1 on laptop (OEM installed), 8.1 on desktop (EOL support til 2025!), 8.1 at work (Co-Worker chose it for me)

have a pi running raspbian, and a xbox (original) running xbmc
cshadow

Post by cshadow »

Linux (Xubuntu 14.04) at home, and windows XP/7 at work. My main workstation is still on XP, mainly because I'm using some old versions of Oracle developer and tools for writing SQL and PL/SQL code.
Win XP was the last version I used at home. Also have some Virtualbox VMs running linux, oracle databases and a couple of windows versions, not yet 8.x, too lazy to install this.
Almost forgot - Openelec on my HTPC, that counts as linux based :-)
Papanikles

Post by Papanikles »

Win 7 Ultimate x64
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Windows 10 (preview has been added :D. I didn't tested it yet but it might be a worthy replacement for Windows 7 when its ready.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Its been a while.. I have resetted the poll. Lets see what everyone is using now (and why if you want to add),

Im using Windows 10 as my sig suggests.
friendlytherapist

Post by friendlytherapist »

MacOS High Sierra
version: 10.13.2 Beta (17C85a)

running QBT 4.0.2
(community build)

ps: scaling and everything works well on my retina screen
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

Using Windows 10, might aswell switch to a Linux Distro soon on my laptop.
andyp

Post by andyp »

8.1 on my laptop
drak00

Post by drak00 »

[quote="Peter"]
8.1 on main laptop, 7 on desktop, 7 and Fedora on other older laptop.
Since my laptop is the machine I use most of the time, and Secure Boot (or was it UEFI) killed easy/simple dual boot, I just keep Linux/FreeBSD installations in virtual machines. At least I can roll back in a vm if an update kills my guest machine. I remember when an update killed my entire OS and I only had a Linux on my main machine. (And boy, btrfs snapshots don't look that simple/comfy.)

Oh, and compiling qBittorrent under Linux is much easier, so that's the #1 reason why I keep the vms around.
Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing
[/quote]
10 on laptop, 7 on my desk
almost the same thing with me
Last edited by drak00 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoticbeliever

Post by chaoticbeliever »

Windows XP the best windows version ever made hands down.
akem

Post by akem »

Mixed, Ubuntu and Windows 7 & 10 sometimes, in virtual machines too.