Okay, okay I apologise,

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
ciaobaby

Okay, okay I apologise,

Post by ciaobaby »

Chris YOU! Apologise?

For what I hear you ask?

Well, ... he says somewhat sheepishly, ....  for asking why you complain about the qBittorrent GUI.....

Because after using a Windows machine, purely as a lab rat machine for testing,  undomesticated equines couldn't drag me there full time, I understand what you mean about the 'clunky' GUI, ... .... As in comparison to the Linux look it is a bit of a house brick.

And I don't see how the difference can be so striking?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Okay, okay I apologise,

Post by Nemo »

What you exactly mean mate :D, can you explain it please.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Dunno, I have no themes or customisation set in, it just looks like Windows 2000  despite being Windows 7.

And qBittorrent just looks, ... .. well,  'alien' is the best way I can describe it. but on Mint, KDE that I have tweaked to  look like Windows 200 'cause  I just find the 2K look suits my eyesight. But qBit doesn't look so out of place.

It's just silly little things as well when I look carefully, one that is obvious is the task list pane and the properties pane don't 'look' lined up when anything other than the 'General' tab, it is  the same in terms of layout, but for some reason it looks 'wrong' on Windows.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I prefer to use WindowBlinds on Windows.
It's also competible with most applications - and is affordable.

True, it would be much better if Microsoft would distribute/create themes.
Similar to the ones that need Uxtheme patching, I mean.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I was using themes and loved it till I got it all messed up. Since then I prefer the default clean interface of Windows 7 with few tweaks in the advanced settings done by myself.

''If it ain't broke, don't fix it'' right :).
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

True. I never had issues reverting WindowBlinds, and you can also add Exception apps in there.
But uxtheme patched themes always killed my OS.