youTorrent Controller

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
lgallard

youTorrent Controller

Post by lgallard »

Hi,

For those who still are using µTorrent, I developed an Android app to manage µTorrent server (Web UI) remotely . It has many of the features provided by the web UI in a native Android application. It's available at Google Play, and It's open source so the code it's available at GitHub and the the latest apk can be downloaded here

It's based in qBittorrent Controller for Android, but developed with specific functions for µTorrent servers.

Screenshoots

Phone
Image Image Image Image

Tablet
Image Image

youTorrent Controller Pro

There is also a paid version called youTorrent Controller Pro, available on Google Play. This version includes a nicer UI, the latest features and fixes of youTorrent Controller for Android and some features only available on youTorrent Controller Pro.

Screenshoots

Image Image  Image Image

youTorrent Controller (free) vs. youTorrent Controller Pro

Both versions have the same functions for handling µTorrent servers, but the Pro version includes a nicer UI, and the latest features and fixes.

By the way, both versions are published at GitHub, but the apk file for the Pro version will be only available on Google Play.

Enjoy it!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: youTorrent Controller

Post by Nemo »

Thanks lgallard for your time and efforts.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

uTorrent is switching business model btw, so don't put too much effort into it.
(the webui has also been stagnating since the very beginning)

sauce: https://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-hints ... ns-150823/

ps.: the app is cool, don't get me wrong.
Last edited by Peter on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
lgallard

Post by lgallard »

Thanks Peter for bringing the topic. Yes, I already read about the change of "business" model. I think this change will lead to a bunch of new qBittorrent users (and other torrent clients as well). As long as they keep the current Web UI, my app will work. If they don't offer that, then I won't put any effort in the client.

On the other hand, even though they have a  stagnated Web UI, I think it has features that are not currently available in qBittorrent API:
  • Labels
  • RSS Feeds
  • Download directory list (where to put the downloads)

I would like to see those features in qBittorrent for a  better user experience.

PS: Don't get me wrong. love qBittorrent, indeed it's the torrent client I use for a long time, after having used Vuze, µTorrent, and Deluge.