qBittorrent Discord server

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

qBittorrent Discord server

Post by Peter »

So, as a new medium, I have launched a new Discord server. I know we had and still have an IRC, but it's usually pretty empty. Discord seems to be the modern IRC at the moment. So who knows, maybe it will be real popular. We will see.

Who can join?
Anyone, of course.

Why have one more place?
Most Discord folks are on plenty of servers, so +1 or -1 really does not matter. And who use it, it's the easiest solution.

What happens if it does not take off?
Well, I will just delete the server, it's fine.

Invite / join link: https://discord.gg/ma66Vv4
Last edited by Peter on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent Discord server (pilot)

Post by Peter »

Excellent question!

And, a hard to answer one. I feel that ...two things motivated my decision.
- IRC is very good and can be even self-hosted. Open source communities also love it. But, for some reason, our IRC never took off. And, even very old ones only have 1-2 active folks around usually. Discord combines IRC with a searchable history, so even people who are not experts on IRC (and can run bouncer, etc) can use it, can read back.
- I feel like today, as much as I hate segregation, the more platform a service, community or whatever covers, the more people it can reach. Because some folks prefer forums, some prefer IRC, some... you get the idea.

That said, I am not a 100% Discord advocate. I would side with RMS instead of advocating a service ran by a Chinese multi-billionaire company(Tencent). But, until someone comes along and writes an open-source implementation, I guess we will just have to deal with the devil.

I mean, it's not so bad at the moment:
- https://discordapp.com/open-source
- https://discordapp.com/privacy
Ramanuta

Post by Ramanuta »

Bloodcore wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:02 pm
netswap wrote: The link is not valid anymore, sadly. :/
Here is an invite that won't expire.
https://discord.gg/aCmFVmk
This Invite link has expired, can you post one that is usable again?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Ramanuta wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:35 pm This Invite link has expired, can you post one that is usable again?
The link in OP should work: https://discord.gg/ma66Vv4
Ramanuta

Post by Ramanuta »

Peter wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:11 am
Ramanuta wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:35 pm This Invite link has expired, can you post one that is usable again?
The link in OP should work: https://discord.gg/ma66Vv4
This link does not work. It has expired. I can't join the server. I did try it with 2 Different Accounts, and on 3 Different Devices, nowhere did this link work.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent Discord server

Post by Peter »

Maybe you have been banned?
qbserver.png
qbserver.png (22.71 KiB) Viewed 5102 times
Ramanuta

Post by Ramanuta »

Peter wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:03 pm Maybe you have been banned?

qbserver.png
Well, that would certainly be possible for my Main Account, because i got hacked a few weeks ago, and all my Browser data got stolen. So someone had all my passwords and stuff, and did spam scam links on a lot of my servers. I got kicked or banned on a lot of servers. But that did not happen on my Second Discord account i had as backup. So i should be able to join at least with my second account, but it does not work. If you could look, my Discord Name is Ramanuta#2183, so if i was banned because that hacker did post a Scam link than it is just that. But i highly doubt that, because i am not sure if i even joined this server before. So if i was banned for it, i would be really Thankful, if i could get unbanned somehow.
Here is a screenshot of how the Message looked like:
rteshbdsfngdffgnt.png
rteshbdsfngdffgnt.png (177.5 KiB) Viewed 5095 times
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Discord has a few tricks up its sleeve to prevent ban evasion.
I checked and yeah, someone, sometime banned you.

Did you enable 2FA+SMS on your account(s) since then?

Ps.: We are kinda strict I suppose but only because there is no verification-on-setup since that's a no-no for public servers. But I think we'll just swap to a private server and set up hardened security. That said.. this wouldn't have saved us from your stolen account.
Ramanuta

Post by Ramanuta »

Peter wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:01 am Discord has a few tricks up its sleeve to prevent ban evasion.
I checked and yeah, someone, sometime banned you.

Did you enable 2FA+SMS on your account(s) since then?

Ps.: We are kinda strict I suppose but only because there is no verification-on-setup since that's a no-no for public servers. But I think we'll just swap to a private server and set up hardened security. That said.. this wouldn't have saved us from your stolen account.
Well, there it is, then. I can't believe how much chaos it made when i got my stuff stolen. I have all the shit Enabled now, 2FA, new Passwords, everything. So this will never happen again. Did someone click on the Scam-Link? I hope not, that would be another kick in my balls, honestly. It is bad enough, that the Hacker got a lot of my Money, but if he actually managed to scam others, that would be so much worse. But i have everything back in working order now, can i get unbanned on the Server? I would like to get back into it.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Ramanuta wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:36 amWell, there it is, then. I can't believe how much chaos it made when i got my stuff stolen. I have all the shit Enabled now, 2FA, new Passwords, everything. So this will never happen again. Did someone click on the Scam-Link? I hope not, that would be another kick in my balls, honestly. It is bad enough, that the Hacker got a lot of my Money, but if he actually managed to scam others, that would be so much worse. But i have everything back in working order now, can i get unbanned on the Server? I would like to get back into it.
Try now.