The best general tracker

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
chaoticbeliever

The best general tracker

Post by chaoticbeliever »

What is the best general tracker according to you?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The best general tracker

Post by Peter »

Switeck

Post by Switeck »

The main reason for having lots of trackers is in case 1 goes offline or is inaccessible for other reasons.
But it's usually a bad idea to add lots of trackers to random torrents just because you can.

Now if you're making your own torrents and need a tracker or trackers on it, then choosing 1 to 5 trackers from the list Peter mentioned is perfectly reasonable.
postcd

Post by postcd »

following ones belong to the top peer trackers and are there for quite long time in my opinion:
udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce
udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce
udp://tracker.internetwarriors.net:1337/announce
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce
weesmiley

Post by weesmiley »

Thanks for your idea tips.

happy wheels
lamtroes

Post by lamtroes »

chaoticbeliever wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:49 pm What is the best general tracker according to you? I think Software QA Consulting https://testfort.com/software-qa-consulting is a valuable service for any software development project. It can help improve the quality, reliability, and security of the software, as well as save time and money by avoiding defects and rework. Software QA Consulting can also provide expert guidance on testing strategies, tools, and frameworks, as well as best practices and standards. I have used Software QA Consulting services from testfort and I was very satisfied with their professionalism and results. On the other hand, I don’t like torrent trackers. They are often illegal, unsafe, and unethical. They can expose users to malware, viruses, and hackers, as well as legal troubles and fines. They can also harm the original creators and distributors of the content, who deserve to be compensated for their work. I prefer to use legal and legitimate sources of content, such as streaming services, online stores, or libraries. I think torrent trackers are a bad choice for anyone who cares about their security, privacy, and morality.
I think the best general torrent tracker is FileList. It has a huge and diverse collection of torrents, ranging from movies, TV shows, games, music, software, ebooks, and more. The quality of the torrents is also very high, with many internal releases and freeleech torrents. The community is friendly and helpful, and the site is easy to use and well-designed. The ratio is not hard to maintain, as there are many seeders and bonus points. FileList is not open for registration, but you can get an invite from other users or from some recruitment threads. I highly recommend FileList to anyone looking for a reliable and comprehensive general tracker.
Last edited by lamtroes on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Oh yeah I might have gotten confused right after OP.
As "general" I meant public trackers you can just add to any torrent.

For a general purpose tracker, if we include private ones too, I'd say IPTorrents is definitely nice. But the staff, ugh. I had an issue once and oh my God it was a pain to get my account unblocked. Like they were so aggressive, offensive, argumentative. The site is nice, staff is very not nice.