How long is the approval period?

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Clothes

How long is the approval period?

Post by Clothes »

How long will I get this message? The last post I made took almost a week to be approved...

Code: Select all

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
Clothes

Re: How long is the approval period?

Post by Clothes »

Could at least you have answered the question when you approved it ???
FranciscoPombal

Post by FranciscoPombal »

Unfortunately, right now there is no automated spam protection mechanism, so approvals are done by volunteers on their spare time. ETA for approval time is "when it's done it's done".
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Truth is, all anti-spam plugins are outdated as of now.
When we migrated from SMF - because development was stale - phpBB looked like that hot chick living in the next house. It had a very rapid development state, it had a dozen anti-spam plugins, it had great themes, it was everything. Sadly as time went by - it also reached a slower development. And what's worse is that the plugins also became outdated. It's what it is. I hope I'll be able to find an alternative engine one day, or phpBB will pick up the development. I just wish the anti-spam plugin would get adopted by devs. Make it a paid feature, I don't care, everyone would pay for it. Just make it work. :<
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Simple; When we got (spare) time.

Its not our "job" to respond in split second or getting paid to do so. We got our (fulltime) private job or other things that keeps us busy in real life next to our moderation tasks, thats why some patient is appreciated even if it takes a while to respond.