Some seeds of 50 stalled, others seeding fine

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
urbanracer34

Some seeds of 50 stalled, others seeding fine

Post by urbanracer34 »

So I decided to transition from uTorrent to qBittorrent, due to the way the former is treating us Mac users like 2nd-class citizens.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.9.1 and my qBittorrent version is 3.1.3.

I took my torrents from uTorrent and imported them into qBittorrent after pointing qBittorrent to my RAID where my torrents are being stored, some 2200 and let them verify.

20 days later (running my RAID on USB 2.0 so it takes a long time to recheck) all torrents are verified and seeding, or so I thought. I went through the list and about 50 of them are "stalled" permanently.

I've tried removing them and re-adding them to no avail. It's really pissing me off.

Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks,

urbanracer34
ciaobaby

Re: Some seeds of 50 stalled, others seeding fine

Post by ciaobaby »

If seeding jobs are 'stalled' it means that no peers are actively downloading.pieces. are there any connected peers on the jobs?
urbanracer34

Post by urbanracer34 »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
If seeding jobs are 'stalled' it means that no peers are actively downloading.pieces. are there any connected peers on the jobs?
[/quote]

I actually have the machine offline right now. I'll give that a shot and report back.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

urbanracer34

Post by urbanracer34 »

Stalled torrents don't move, even with 3.1.9. Others download fine.
Also, qBittorrent goes "not responding" for 5-15 minutes at a time and it is getting sickening on how long I have to wait just to change anything.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

With many torrents try using a bigger value in tools->options...->advanced->transfer list refresh interval. This should take care of the unresponsiveness. Also disable the columns that you don't need.
The move will take sometime if the torrent is BIG. If the new location is on the same disk/partition then the move should be near instantaneous. Otherwise you will have to wait for the data to be copied there. (currently there isn't any indication if a copy is in progress).