Resolution of the tool bar icons

Other platforms, generic questions.
zeomal

Resolution of the tool bar icons

Post by zeomal »

All the icons except that of Add Torrent file, Delete and Options (refer attachment) appear sharp and well, clear. However, said icons appear a bit blurred - maybe because they are of a lower resolution that the rest?
These buttons appear out of place with the UI, especially on higher resolution screens.
Can they be made of a similar clarity as the others?
Attachments
Screen.JPG
zeomal

Re: Resolution of the tool bar icons

Post by zeomal »

Anybody?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Hmm, I don't see blurness... (maybe it's my eys or my uncalibrated monitor). I consider them to look fine even on your screenshot (if you disregard the jpg compression artifacts)
zeomal

Post by zeomal »

I noticed this only after switching to a higher resolution monitor (1600x900) from an old CRT screen (1024x768).
The other icons are very clear. By blurred, what I mean is that the edges of the + and - buttons are pixelated - like they were originally round at the corners and now have been kind magnified from a low resolution image (what happens when you try to enlarge an old photo to a higher resolution).

To make it more clear, compare the images in the attachments (I've uploaded PNGs this time to ignore the problems due to JPEG compression).
Attachments
qB.PNG
qB.PNG (1.27 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Non qB.png
Non qB.png (747 Bytes) Viewed 852 times
Last edited by zeomal on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I think this is the intended look(. You can see the same icon at higher res here: http://www.iconarchive.com/show/oxygen- ... -icon.html
Most icons in qbt are taken from the oxygen icon theme.
zeomal

Post by zeomal »

Ah! Okay. Thank you.
Could you consider using the 48X48 pixel version in qB (if this would make a visibly good difference)?