new columns layout

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Allwynd

new columns layout

Post by Allwynd »

i cant explain it quite well but i will try

so by default, the columns have a "label", which i remove, because its always empty and i dont see any point in it

also i rearrange the columns to what you see in the picture below, especially the one with the name, because by default, one cant see the full name of the torrents and its a bit confusing

i know that everyone can do this on their own and its not hard at all, but im suggesting this, just to make it easer for users from the start

thank you!

ciaobaby

Re: new columns layout

Post by ciaobaby »

When you say a "label" for the columns, what is it that are you referring to?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Are you refering to the column named "label"?
I agree that on clean installs only the really basic columns should be shown by default: queue, name, size, done, status, seeds, peers, eta, down speed, up speed
Allwynd

Post by Allwynd »

Yes, there is a column called "label" which i tend to remove, because its always empty and even if it wasnt, what good is it?

but most importantly, i think that the "name" column should be the biggest by default
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

It is "always empty" simply because you obviously do not use labels to segregate and categorise your running tasks. The fact that you do not use labels or are aware of their use does in no way shape or form mean that it should be 'hidden' or even not available. All told, there are probably far more qBT users who do use labels for their intended purpose than there 'casual' users who do not use or even require labels.

The GUI layout has to serve every single user and their requirements so you not using them does not make you the arbiter of what the GUI should have or nor. personally I always turn off the ETA and Ratio columns because with the jobs that I run, meeting an "enforced ratio" and how long it will be before that ratio is met has ABSOLUTELY no use whatsoever, but I do not consider them unnecessary or an intrusion on my sensibilities because they are there and visible initially.
The GUI can be configured quite easily to your individual use, so the 'default' is to have the visible columns being the ones that are most commonly used generally.