Question on queue functionality

Other platforms, generic questions.
cynicist

Question on queue functionality

Post by cynicist »

In Ktorrent, there is an adjustable timer for stalled torrents but in Qbitorrent there is just a checkbox which says, "Do not count slow torrents in these limits". I don't particularly care about configuring this value or anything; I'm just curious how this feature works. What is the time limit and what speed counts as slow? (This will help me determine how to configure it or whether I will use queueing)
gwarser

Re: Question on queue functionality

Post by gwarser »

Try setting "Maximum active torrents" to something high or -1 (unlimited), because this setting is considered "hard" and from my experience it breaks queuing when set too low.

http://www.rasterbar.com/products/libto ... anual.html
active_limit is a hard limit on the number of active torrents. This applies even to slow torrents.
At a regular interval, torrents are checked if there needs to be any re-ordering of which torrents are active and which are queued. This interval can be controlled via auto_manage_interval in session_settings. It defaults to every 30 seconds.
if dont_count_slow_torrents is true, torrents without any payload transfers are not subject to the active_seeds and active_downloads limits. This is intended to make it more likely to utilize all available bandwidth, and avoid having torrents that don't transfer anything block the active slots.
cynicist

Re: Question on queue functionality

Post by cynicist »

That was exactly the information I was looking for, thank you. I didn't think to check for a libtorrent-rasterbar manual even though that's obviously where this stuff comes from. :)