qBittorrent and Ubuntu 14.04 PPA

Linux specific questions, problems.
TurboProp

qBittorrent and Ubuntu 14.04 PPA

Post by TurboProp »

Greetings to all!
After upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04( an hour ago :P) i noticed that the ppa was not working for the new version. After checking on launchpad and then reading this i felt compelled to ask openly about it. Is there going to be a continuation on the ppa or are there some other plans ahead? The ppa had been a great convenience so far for all us Ubuntu fans, kinda hard to accept that it is the end of the road now. Anyway its been fun so far and i am hoping for a positive response.

Cheers!
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent and Ubuntu 14.04 PPA

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I have asked chris to enable 14.04 on the ppa. If he doesn't I'll create my own ppa.
Nevertheless, 14.04 has a fairly recent qbt version so you should be ok for the moment.
catwoman68

Post by catwoman68 »

As well as hydr0g3n's (Christophe Dumez) ppa there is also Evgeny Lensky's, which has releases for
"Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid | 12.04 Precise | 12.10 Quantal | 13.04 Raring | 13.10 Saucy |14.04 Trusty", I switch between both of these ppas depending on which has the most recent version (I've been running Kubuntu 14.04 since its release on 17th) :)
TurboProp

Post by TurboProp »

@sledgehammer_999
Thanks mate, those are wonderful news. i'll keep my eyes open.

@catwoman68
Thank you for the tips, its good to know that we have alternative options now however i would feel more comfortable with an official ppa. Using an official ppa is also better for tracking down bugs and errors. ;)
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

The ppa is now updated.