A small suggestion to the sorting by Status option.

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
LunarisDream

A small suggestion to the sorting by Status option.

Post by LunarisDream »

I just switched from Tixati to qBittorrent because some trackers don't allow Tixati. One feature that I really miss is the way torrents are sorted when I sort them by Status.

In Tixati, this would put the torrents that I'm actively seeding (actually connected to peers and uploading) next to the torrents that I'm actively downloading.

However, in qBittorrent, the two types of torrents are separated by by torrents that are 100% and seeding, but with no leechers.

I don't think it's intuitive to separate the two types of active torrents with the somewhat inactive ones, and that it would be much better to put them next to each other. After all, the color coding is enough to separate the two at a glance.
ciaobaby

Re: A small suggestion to the sorting by Status option.

Post by ciaobaby »

So why would anyone wish to confuse or annoy all the current users of qBitTorrent just to make it more like a different client??

qBT does what it does in the way that it does.
Tixati does what it does in the way that it does

vive la différence as the French would have it. :)
LunarisDream

Post by LunarisDream »

It's more user-intuitive to group the active torrents together when sorting by Status, at least from my perspective.

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good. I don't see the point of scrolling through all the greyed out "Seeding" torrents just to see which ones I'm actually uploading.

Upsetting the userbase is a valid concern, I agree. What about another sorting option (unchecked by default) called "Activity" that groups the torrents with active network activity together? I'd use up/down speed but they are separate and cause the torrents to shift back and forth.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

LunarisDream

Post by LunarisDream »

Thanks. I saw that post but wasn't sure if I should actually post in both places.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

through all the greyed out "Seeding" torrents just to see which ones I'm actually uploading.
Filter by completed, Sort by upload speed. Job done.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

ciaobaby wrote:
through all the greyed out "Seeding" torrents just to see which ones I'm actually uploading.
Filter by completed, Sort by upload speed. Job done.
This actually makes more sense IMO.
LunarisDream

Post by LunarisDream »

Actually I'm retarded. There's an "Active" tab to the left that never caught my eye.