Really confused with qBittorrent directory settings

Windows specific questions, problems.
mindstormer

Really confused with qBittorrent directory settings

Post by mindstormer »

I am a long time user of uTorrent and want to make the switch to qBittorrent. On uTorrent, I have a folder which contains incomplete torrents and a folder for completed torrents. I can't seem to replicate the same thing for qBittorrent--I figured "save files to location" would be for finished torrents since there is another path that is for "keep incomplete torrents in." However, I noticed that as soon as I start a new torrent, what is being torrented is already in the "save files to location" directory before it is completed. I also need to separate incomplete and complete torrent files as well (move .torrent files of incomplete torrent files to another folder when its torrent files are completed).

Last edited by mindstormer on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomaso

Re: Really confused with qBittorrent directory settings

Post by Tomaso »

I'm having the same problem.
This feature has always been really unpredictable.
Probably a libtorrent bug.
mindstormer

Post by mindstormer »

Actually, it does seem to be a bug--this is my 3rd time installing qBittorrent (1st time was portable with the same problem, 2nd time was desktop version with the same problem, and this time was desktop with the same problem). I'm not sure what I did but I definitely reverted back to my default settings and it somehow seems to work as intended. Seems like every time I install or run qBittorrent for the first time it treats the "Save files to location" as "Keep incomplete torrents in" despite having "Keep incomplete torrents in" checked.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Just added a post to the other thread.
Flook

Post by Flook »

I just tried switching from utorrent and the first giant hiccup was exactly this problem.  It does not hold to the "keep incomplete torrents in".  That actually kills my automated system that watches for finished torrents.

I followed that link a few posts back and it's either gone or I can't access it: http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topi ... l#msg14004

Any fix for this bug yet?

edit: While in the options dialog and unchecking and checking the "keep incomplete torrents" checkbox I noticed it kicked in.  I had a torrent in the process of downloading and watched it disappear from the finished directory and go into the unfinished directory.  Good to go now....I think

edit:  Not working.  I thought it was and it almost worked once.  It downloaded a file to the incomplete directory and then moved it to the finished directory but was not able to use the label to put it in the proper subfolder.  Now I can't even get it to go this far again.  It just puts the currently downloading file in the finished directory without paying attention to the incomplete directory. 

edit 3:  It's now working properly and using the labels for subdirectories.  It was a pain!  Very buggy.  After tons of clicking and unclicking and applying settings over and over it decided to take. 

edit 4:  It keeps tricking me.  Worked for one file and stopped again after that.
Last edited by Flook on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flook

Post by Flook »

So it worked for a torrent or two just fine but stopped again.  The second a torrent starts downloading it does to the finished directory and not to the incomplete location.  I really need a fix for this.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

It is a 'known' problem and is slated for recoding.
elsdon

Post by elsdon »

Any update on this?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

It's not going to happen overnight.