Lost paused torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
jackboy

Lost paused torrents

Post by jackboy »

Hi,

I had quite a few torrents that I have lost on my last reboot and I am not sure why.

I have torrents set to pause on add and I had via magnets. Now all these torrents that were paused and not started are gone. All the ones that were started are there. What happened and is there any way to recover them.
Last edited by jackboy on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackboy

Re: Lost paused torrents

Post by jackboy »

Edited to reflect new question
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Did you made backups of the %localappdata%\qBittorrent\BT_Backup and %appdata%\qBittorrent ?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Version??

Operating system?

However:
Now all these torrents that were paused and not started are gone
If the metadata had not loaded,  which does not happen when added in a paused state, the task will not have resume data OR a metadata file (.torrent) to load the information from.
jackboy

Post by jackboy »

Version?? Newest stable

Operating system? Windows 8.1

ciaobaby wrote:However:
Now all these torrents that were paused and not started are gone
If the metadata had not loaded,  which does not happen when added in a paused state, the task will not have resume data OR a metadata file (.torrent) to load the information from.
Alright, sounds like they are all gone then. Just cannot figure out why. Everything shut down normally.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Alright, sounds like they are all gone then. Just cannot figure out why. Everything shut down normally.
No figuring out needed, as I said earlier if the metadata has NOT been downloaded and saved locally, ... there is nothing that can be loaded when the client restarts.
jackboy

Post by jackboy »

[quote="ciaobaby"]No figuring out needed, as I said earlier if the metadata has NOT been downloaded and saved locally, ... there is nothing that can be loaded when the client restarts.
[/quote]So it doesn't store the magnet links anywhere?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

A magnet link only identifies the hash id, tracker(s) (and a 'name') which then enables the client to locate peers and make requests for the metadata, there is nothing in a magnet  link TO save that can make the client request any part of the payload.
venzel

Post by venzel »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
[/quote]
Shouldn't it download the metadata and then pause? Is this intended behavior? Maybe there's some reason but to me, it doesn't make sense.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Paused means no download activity. is taking place.