qBittorrent worked fine - refuses to start after next system startup

Windows specific questions, problems.
cynical

qBittorrent worked fine - refuses to start after next system startup

Post by cynical »

Good morning, after checking both the issues tracker and this forum I didn't find anyone with quite the same problem as me.

When I first installed the client (v3.2) it was working very well with good speeds and in general no problems at all. The next morning the application refuses to start up at all, it appears in the task manager with a few mbs of memory and 0% CPU use. I tried running it in several compability modes or admin privileges just in case but nothing helped. A clean install did nothing either.
I tried an older version of the client as well as versions with modified boost or libtorrent versions - All with the same result.

I'm running win8.1 pro - Please let me know if you need any other diagnostics.
Last edited by cynical on Wed May 27, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ciaobaby

Re: qBittorrent worked fine - refuses to start after next system startup

Post by ciaobaby »

Modem or router?

UPnP on or off?

Anti Virus installed?

Anti Spyware installed?

Libtorrent version? (Help -> About -> Libraries
cynical

Post by cynical »

While looking through all settings once more I found that for some reason the antivirus set incoming connections as denied. Curious, since it worked right until the next time I turned the PC on. Thanks for the reply and I apologize for the bother!
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

What antivirus software did that?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

I apologize for the bother!
Don't apologise, that is the kind of things that qbittorrent users both current and future, need to know about. The more people that post their problems and fixes, the better support the forum can provide.

For the ones that actually use the search at least.  ;)