Watching files with my TV [HELP]

Windows specific questions, problems.
Heikendahl

Watching files with my TV [HELP]

Post by Heikendahl »

Okey hi, I just made an account to see if I can find any answers to my problem because I have no idea what to google.
So, here goes. I used to use uTorrent for movies but then I saw a post on Reddit which said that uTorrent was introducing something fishy, I think. Anyways, It got me to switch to qBittorrent and I am ever so happy.
I just have one problem. When I download a movie, I download it to my external hdd that I use for downloaded files only. I then previously connected that hdd to my TV to watch movies there with friends and such.
This worked fine with uTorrent but not with qBittorrent. Every file I've downloaded after switching to qBittorrent has been unplayable on my TV. It just says "could not play file" or similar.
Anyone here knows what I'm talking about or what the problem may be?
I'm totally open for questions if that's needed but I am not very advanced in this.

Thanks in advance :)
ciaobaby

Re: Watching files with my TV [HELP]

Post by ciaobaby »

Nope, but it's probably nothing to do with qBittorrent, it only downloads the data, it does not alter it.

But give us some clues and we'll se.

Client version?
Operating system?
File types that do not play
Define "do not play" (error message etc.)
Are these complete payloads

for a start.
Heikendahl

Post by Heikendahl »

ciaobaby wrote:
Nope, but it's probably nothing to do with qBittorrent, it only downloads the data, it does not alter it.

But give us some clues and we'll se.

Client version?
Operating system?
File types that do not play
Define "do not play" (error message etc.)
Are these complete payloads

for a start.

Okey hi. Thanks for looking into my problem :) I'll try to address your questions.
Client version is 3.1.12 but I don't think it would matter if I'd update the program.
I got a standard windows 7 home premium.
file types are pretty much mp4's. I'd like to add though that not all files works on my TV, many files plays without audio. So I usually download files form yify that I know the audio works.
The error says, "this file cannot play", nothing more.
Yes, They are complete.
It must have something to do with qBittorrent. Before yify files played well, now, not at all.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

It must have something to do with qBittorrent. Before yify files played well, now, not at all.
Nothing at all to do with qbittorrent, the client only downloads the data in the payload, if it is 'faulty' when downloaded, it was 'faulty' at source.

Try the support site for your television and maybe update the codecs it uses.