Files disappear from the target folder *without* the "delete files* box ticked?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
HappySundays

Files disappear from the target folder *without* the "delete files* box ticked?

Post by HappySundays »

Hi there,

I'm a new qbittorrent user, but have been downloading successfully so far.
I've just updated to 3.2 in the hope that a persistent problem that i have would go away. It didn't.

Here's the scenario:

- If I accept the *default* download location (usually the OSX Downloads folder), once the file completes, I highlight it in the main window and click on the red "-" icon to remove it from the list. It asks me whether I also want the actual files to be deleted, and I indicate NO!. The files remain safely in the Downloads folder.

- If I instead direct the download to a much more appropriate folder, it downloads perfectly, BUT when I do the above it DISAPPEARS from the selected folder! Just to be clear, I never check the box to "also delete the files".

So the work-around is that I simply always use the default folder and manually move the file afterwards.
Hope that someone has seen this and has some advice.

Cheers!
HappySundays

Re: Files disappear from the target folder *without* the "delete files* box ticked?

Post by HappySundays »

Ok. So I guess it's just me then?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Files disappear from the target folder *without* the "delete files* box ticked?

Post by Nemo »

Welcome,

Hm thats weird indeed. Does this happen with any other folder (any) instead the OSX downloads folder?

I wish I could help/advice you in a better way but OSX isn't that known for me, sorry. But I will give it a try atleast.
HappySundays

Post by HappySundays »

Hi. Well the point is that only the qbittorrent default folder "downloads" is safe from this issue.
I have tried saving the files in many other folders but they tend to disappear. I will try a few more times to see if there is a pattern.