Seeding not reporting to tracker

Windows specific questions, problems.
cpscooter

Seeding not reporting to tracker

Post by cpscooter »

qBittorrent 3.2.1
My new torrents are seeding and uploading, yet they are listed as hit and run torrents by the host.  I have checked with some port check tool sites, and they report that my port is visible and port forwarding is working.
The site support gurus say that my client (qbittorrent) is seeding fine, but the seeding is not being reported.  I then tried pausing the torrents and starting them again.  This immediately took them off the hit and run list.
I tried raising my connection limits to higher and higher numbers (currently at 1000, 500, 500, 500)
I have a static port so I can forward it.  Use different port on each startup is not checked.
Use UPnP / NAT-PMP is checked.
No speed limits are checked.
Anonymous mode is not checked.
Torrent queueing is checked and set to 5, 7, 12.
I have not changed any advanced settings.
ciaobaby

Re: Seeding not reporting to tracker

Post by ciaobaby »

What operating system?
What libtorrent version?
I have a static port so I can forward it.  Use different port on each startup is not checked.
That will make no difference, as it is a listening port, messages going out to trackers will use an "ephemeral" port number which are allowed out by default.
I then tried pausing the torrents and starting them again.  This immediately took them off the hit and run list..
Based on the above:
Reduce half open connections to 20 (or less).
Reduce the connections per torrent to ~50
Reduce upload slots per torrent to 6 - 8

Test at those setting. If that works OK increase upload slots until it 'breaks' again. Then use a setting that is one or two lower than the 'breaking' point value.

Log the outgoing packets from qBittorrent using something like "WireShark"  so the messages can be analysed to find what is failing.