What is the meaning of the "error" category in the tracker filters?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Inwoods

What is the meaning of the "error" category in the tracker filters?

Post by Inwoods »

So it lists all the trackers I can't connect to because I am running a beta product. (Good!  Expected.)  However, it sometimes lists other torrents for reasons that make no sense, even, lately, torrents that are seeding. 

Where would I go for more information on what gives a torrent an "error" state?  Case in point, I attach a torrent pic from the "error" category.  Is it simple because it has no peers?

Apologies if this was posted, I couldn't find anything in google or forum search that helped.

Edit: I care too because the number jumps all over in certain situations.  On reload, it show 7 in error.  Pause all torrents?  11 in error.  Start them again?  Shoot into the the hundreds then quickly slide down to 73.
Attachments
Capture.png
Last edited by Inwoods on Sat May 09, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What is the meaning of the "error" category in the tracker filters?

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

From the pic: Is that the only tracker in the torrent?
Inwoods

Post by Inwoods »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
From the pic: Is that the only tracker in the torrent?
[/quote]

Yes, it is.  This particular tracker uses a "*/xxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyy/announce" ending where /xxxxxxxxxx/ is unique to each piece of content and  /yyyyyyyyy/ is an individual users ID number. 
Reith

Post by Reith »

Yeah, I've noticed 3.2.0 behaves strangely with the error category. When I pause torrents, it puts them in error for some reason. Shouldn't they stay in the same tracker?

They also don't move from seeding to paused in the status fiilters.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Shouldn't they stay in the same tracker?
They do not move 'trackers'', the 'error' is simply a filter category that indicates that libtorrent is not currently communicating with that tracker, it's not necessarily an actual 'error', it not communicating, which is what 'pause' does
Reith

Post by Reith »

I don't think most people would expect a paused torrent to fall under an error category. It just seems rather misleading to me.

I'm also seeing this behavior on torrents that have multiple announce URLs, even when they aren't paused and are just seeding normally. A lot of torrents are being lumped into error for no real reason basically.

Edit: Actually I paused another torrent after making this post and it didn't get moved to the error category so I'm pretty confused now. The thing with multiple announce URLs seems to be an issue though.
Last edited by Reith on Wed May 13, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Knowing that it is a new feature it still can have little bugs in it and might need some corrections/optimizations here and there.
Last edited by Nemo on Thu May 14, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tekko

Post by tekko »

@Nemo
To be sure, have u also selected the all category at the top?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I will look at it tomorrow. Maybe forgot that one, was a bit lazy and tired from work lol.

Edit: Hm I think it was a tracker error and forgot to put it at all category also (lol my fault :P). I restarted qBittorrent and its gone, clicking on the trackers shows the torrents that are using the selected tracker even at paused state.

I've edited my post. I will keep an eye on it.

Edit 2: I just paused 17 active seeding torrents and they came to the error section. I wonder why.
Last edited by Nemo on Thu May 14, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorian

Post by yorian »

I would like to add to this. Currently 76 of my 551 torrents are in this category but they seem to download and upload fine?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote="yorian"]
I would like to add to this. Currently 76 of my 551 torrents are in this category but they seem to download and upload fine?
[/quote]

Remove the one dead tracker from the tasks and they will not be in the 'Error' category.

The 'error' tracker list only means that at least ONE of the trackers assigned to the task is not communicating, is does not indicate that the task has no means of locating peers, and even if all the trackers failed, connected peers would remain connected and active, until you (or the remote) stopped the task or closed down the client or host machine.
Inwoods

Post by Inwoods »

The 'error' tracker list only means that at least ONE of the trackers assigned to the task is not communicating
This is not true universally.  I have torrents that have every tracker listed as "working," but are still in the error category.  What I don't know is if that is a bug or intended behavior.

ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

What is the status of those tasks?
Inwoods

Post by Inwoods »

Seeding. 

But "queued" only lasts an hour or so for any of my torrents.  Eventually everything is "seeding" (but nothing actually seeds, a separate problem.)  1/336 is stalled, 335/336 are seeding.
Grump

Post by Grump »

I have the same problem.  All 11 listed are in the "Seeding" state and all the trackers listed are in the "Working" state, yet they are filtered into the error category.