[Wishlist] - Windows 10 Store

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.

Do you want to see qBittorrent added to the Windows 10 Store for Desktop Apps?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

sandy.beach

[Wishlist] - Windows 10 Store

Post by sandy.beach »

Hi guys first great app, you won be over from utorrent :) and your my only choice for torrent app for Windows.

I came across this older article about an easy way to make a universal windows 10 store app:

http://liliputing.com/2015/05/this-is-h ... -apps.html

I was wondering if this has been tried and if you plan on using the windows 10 store for delivery of qbittorrent. I know you could never 100% use the windows 10 store but i was looking for a good torrent client on the windows 10 store and there is nothing except for some very basic torrent clients which are just useless. Plus none of the big names either, no utorrent, no bit torrent names.

I would like to recommend that you get ahead of the competition and look to use the Windows 10 store. If the above article is correct you might be able to easily convert your app from a .exe to a .msi to a universal app, now i know this is another avenue you would need to do to update apps but the future for Windows and Mac OSX is the app stores, the same applies to Linux.

The main users of the app stores would not be the people on this forum who use your app but also the standard users who dont care about updates, you know the ones, we all do. A bug is noticed the developer updates the app to fix it but people complain about the app for months and it turns out those people have not updated the app which would of fixed this issue for them. The app stores resolve this problem and ensure all users get updates instantly which should help to relieve tickets being logged due to this issue.

The app stores are the way forward, when Apple introduced the first iPhone with an app store it was nothing special it did nothing any other phone could do except it gave you all the apps in one place and made installing apps and updating them easy and reduced your need to think about it. The Windows 10 Store is the same for Windows, it makes updates easy.

I really hope you jump in like VLC and Plex and put your app on the windows app store, im sure your have a ton of people willing to test it for you.

If you want to see qbittorrent on the Windows 10 Store post below and show your support and hopefully the dev's will be willing to test if this can be done.

I just want to see you on the Windows 10 app store before utorrent.

Just to clarify i am referring to the Windows 10 app store for the Desktop not the mobile phone !

Thanks for listening everyone
Last edited by sandy.beach on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.