Episode filter for RSS downloader (like uTorrent)

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
zilexa

Episode filter for RSS downloader (like uTorrent)

Post by zilexa »

I watch tv via utorrent (2.x). I have a couple of RSS feeds and I have set up the RSS downloader with smart ep filter.
its amazing, I always get the correct episode, never doubles. And if there is a REPACK it will be downloaded.
All I do is set the name (The?Big?Bang?Theory*), the starting episode (5x0-99) to download episode 0 to 99 from season 5 and it will download the newest episode every week. I also give a label so that it will automatically appear in the TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory folder once the download is finished.

I can even maintain these settings in the web interface.

Since this is how I watch TV, its THE reason I am not using qBittorent yet..
Last edited by zilexa on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bachi

Re: Episode filter for RSS downloader (like uTorrent)

Post by bachi »

I started using qb some time ago, and I find it as suitable replacement for uTorrent, but RSS in QB is buggy and need some improvements. At least QB needs to keep record of last downloaded episode, so if it's last number s5e7, qb should NOT download s5e6, or e5e5, but only should download next episode. Also, if it's there repack or proper, QB should download it.

uTorrent has this options and more, so it would be nice for developer to improve rss capabilities in QB.
res0r9lm

Post by res0r9lm »

I'm using the linux version and I find the rss download better than what utorrent has but I use private tv trackers and they don't allow people to upload old episodes that are already on tracker.
Phixtit

Post by Phixtit »

Please add this feature to Mac version! +1
aqbituser

Post by aqbituser »

Also in need of this feature.  I rely heavily upon good filtering options mainly for sequentially numbered shows such as s05e10.  I'd really like to switch it up from utorrent, but cannot without being able to have good filtering options on RSS feeds.  Are there any plans to add this into the mix?
zilexa

Post by zilexa »

Will this feature be planned in future releases?
soul18reaver

Post by soul18reaver »

please add this for windows
Zawaq

Post by Zawaq »

I really miss this from µTorrent. I hope this will be added soon.
zilexa

Post by zilexa »

Any news on an episode filter for qB?
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

[quote="zilexa"]
[/quote]
Not anytime soon I suppose. All of this can be done with regexp.
brandontoms

Post by brandontoms »

[quote="Dayman"]
[quote="zilexa"]
[/quote]
Not anytime soon I suppose. All of this can be done with regexp.
[/quote]

No, it can't.  If you think it can, prove it.  Drop a regex in this thread that would work as a smart episode filter and avoid future downloads of the same episode.  It's not possible, that's not how regexes work.  They're not dynamic, matching one string one day and not matching it another.  That's why the smart episode filter is necessary.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

They're not dynamic, matching one string one day and not matching it another.  That's why the smart episode filter is necessary.
That is the purpose of "Ignore subsequent matches"