"Accept incoming connections" every time qBittorent is opened

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
pafkata

Re: "Accept incoming connections" every time qBittorent is opened

Post by pafkata »

ciaobaby wrote:
It is definitely a problem with qTorrent, because I do not experience any firewall issues with uTorrent, Transmission or Deluge.
No,  qbittorrent is the catalyst that exposes a problem in your firewall, if it was a qbittorrent problem every user of qbittorrent on a Mac OS version would have the same problem, and that is patently not the case here.
My firewall is the one provided by Apple as part of Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. It's OFF by default and probably 90%+ of Mac users won't ever enable it, so they don't have an issue with qTorrent's start up message about incoming ports.  Now you can understand why there aren't many people flagging this issue, and I would have just removed qTorrent and installed something else, but I was a happy qTorrent user on Windows, so I decided to look for a solution.

If it's really a firewall issue - qTorrent has a unique opportunity for media publicity and increase the number of its users if you can prove and tell everyone that Apple's default firewall config is flawed and that's a serious security issue.

I'd bet this isn't the case and qTorrent devs simply don't have any interest in troubleshooting. This is very understandable, but I can't understand the blame game that qTorrent perfect --> your firewall is bad. End of story.
ciaobaby

Re: "Accept incoming connections" every time qBittorent is opened

Post by ciaobaby »

It's OFF by default
There is probably a good reason for Apple to have off be the default.