New to qbittorrent and can't get RSS Episode filters working

Windows specific questions, problems.
jrbilodeau

New to qbittorrent and can't get RSS Episode filters working

Post by jrbilodeau »

Hi,

I'm new to using qbittorrent, but have used uTorrent for a number of years with the Torrent rss feature.
I'm having some issues getting the Episode filter to work.

I have created a Rule for Mythbusters

Here are my settings under rule definition

Use Regular Expression is unchecked
Must contain = Mythbusters
Must Not contain = 720
Episode filter = 16x1-;

the problem is that a soon as i add the episode filter all results in Matching RSS Articles disapear.

Any help would be appreciated
antelopetube

Re: New to qbittorrent and can't get RSS Episode filters working

Post by antelopetube »

I have the same issue.  When I remove the episode filter I get matches in my RSS feed.  When I add it back in I get no matches.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Version(s)?

Operating System(s)?
heatl0rd

Post by heatl0rd »

Thought i would try and bring this back to life after having the same issues.

Specs
qBittorrent v3.3.4
Windows 8.1

Below are some screenshots ive taken to show the problem.
http://i.imgur.com/BnyQOBz.png

also looks like the bug was reported back on 23 Feb 2016
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/2596
Last edited by heatl0rd on Sat May 14, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="heatl0rd"]
Thought i would try and bring this back to life after having the same issues.

Specs
qBittorrent v3.3.4
Windows 8.1

Below are some screenshots ive taken to show the problem.
http://i.imgur.com/BnyQOBz.png

also looks like the bug was reported back on 23 Feb 2016
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/2596
[/quote]

Without been able to see the formatting of your RSS feed i cant tell you what you're doing wrong.
This feature DOES actually work in 3.3.1+ i cant speak about earlier versions as i never used them.
If you mouse over the Episode Filter input bar it will explain how to create filters or properly use them.

Here is an example (functional) Rule definition set. Its a very BAD rule to create but it demonstrates how you would use the connector sumbols and episode filtering..

It must contain "ettv" AND "18"
It must NOT Contain "LOL" OR "720p"
It must be in season 4 "4x" and be an episode between 1 and 26 "1-26;"

This filter returns a singular result for me(s04e18), were i to remove the "18" under the "Must Contain" segment it would return the entire season(or however much of the season is in the rss feed i chose).
A better filter would be to instead of exclude LOL include LOL to only get releases by them.
I dont actually use this filter because netflix is love, netflix is life, no need to pirate tv but i cant really demonstrate an episodic download filter with linux isos...

Hope this explanation helps.
Please change your post on the github tracker from "still a problem" to "problem resolved" thank you.

/e: Thats not feb 2016 thats feb 2015 :P

/e2: If what you're attemtpting to download is in a linear episode fashion eg episode 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8....97...312-313-314
I dont think episode filter will work as it looks for SXXEXX format (S01E01) format.

If its listing episodes like this 401 402 403 to mean season 4 episode 1, 2 and 3.
You could try doing a "Must Contain" using Wildcards as a seasonal filter in the later scenario (401 402 403 404 been the frist 4 episdoes of season 4)
The filter would simply look like this 4?? in the "Must Contain" section.

The first scenario is likely a common problem with anime which has no "real" seasons, in which case i'd suggest using filters or getting a good rss feed so its all from a single uploader then doing a bunch of must not contain "1??" type filters to remove episodes you dont want or already have.
eg a must contain 1?? should remove all episodes lower or higher than the 100-199 block
a must not contain 1?? should remove all episodes in the 100-199 block.

Just requires more creative thinking/isnt as automagic due to the poor naming convention used by the uploader.

/e3: If however your problem is that the RSS feed does not contain ALL the episodes listed by the source (it only has 400 to 480 qq) then thats a problem with either the RSS feed itself not serving you all its contents or qbts settings found here..
http://i.imgur.com/io3johp.png

If the RSS feed you're using has multiple pages and isnt a linear page going down i believe qbt actually has some difficulty parsing past the first page (known bug??!!)
Last edited by KitKat on Sat May 14, 2016 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
heatl0rd

Post by heatl0rd »

[quote="KitKat"]
/e2: If what you're attemtpting to download is in a linear episode fashion eg episode 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8....97...312-313-314
I dont think episode filter will work as it looks for SXXEXX format (S01E01) format.
[/quote]

Just to clarify, the smart epsisode filter does not factor in absolute episode formats? they must be in SXXEXX format?

Unfortunately my requirements to modify the episode filter on a regular basis due to variables outside my control on which episodes i need and it would be much easier to use the smart filter instead.

Appreciate your assistance.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="heatl0rd"]
[quote="KitKat"]
[/quote]

Just to clarify, the smart epsisode filter does not factor in absolute episode formats? they must be in SXXEXX format?
[/quote]

Correct, here is the exact code filter for it: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... le.cpp#L69

Code: Select all

expStr += "s0?" + s + "[ -_\\.]?" + "e0?";
Looks for s0? & e0? where ? is a wildcard for anything.

It also matches S?? and E?? but it does need the S & E identifiers because without them it would match a whole plethora of other shit, quick example Some.Video.S01.E01.h264 would cause smart filter matches for episode 2,6,4,26,64 and 264 for everything without the "S" identifier..
Last edited by KitKat on Tue May 17, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nofuk

Post by nofuk »

I joined the forum to post this same question.  Add me to the list of users whose list of shows presented in an RSS feed disappears when the Episode filter is used.  I'm running qBittorent 3.3.4 in Windows 10 Pro.  I also want to add that for me the show list empties out the second I type ANYTHING in the Episode Filter box.  The problem starts with the very first character that's typed in.  All my feeds are from ShowRSS and I have this problem with all of them.

I've only recently started to need this filter.  Otherwise I'm a very happy qBittorrent user since switching from uTorrent a couple years ago.
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="nofuk"]
I also want to add that for me the show list empties out the second I type ANYTHING in the Episode Filter box.  The problem starts with the very first character that's typed in.  All my feeds are from ShowRSS and I have this problem with all of them.
[/quote]
This is intended behaviour, a single character in the show episodes filter is an invalid pattern, after entering a correct pattern the matching episodes should be listed in the RSS feed.
Basically it shows what matches the filter, if nothing matches the filter because the filter is incomplete nothing will show in the feed lol..

Can you post here what the filter you're entering is, what you're hoping to obtain and the name of an episode from your RSS feed with the showname redacted.
Eg Some.Show.S01E06.HDTV.X264.ReleaseGroup
or 104 Some Show [ReleaseGroup]

Cant really help you without that information.

Heres a complete filter for season 1 episodes 1-50. hope it helps as a quick example..
1x1-50;

You do actually need the ; at the end, nothing will show in the feed until that character appears.
And lastly if you place your curser over the entry fields for episode filter an information window should appear explanaing the filter system.
Last edited by KitKat on Tue May 17, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nofuk

Post by nofuk »

I was going to add screenshots until I saw the "redacted" part of the last message.  Here's what I've tried (again, regardless of the feed I'm working with):

Must Contain: 720p
Episode Filter:  3x18-;
or
Episode Filter:  3x18-50;
or
Episode Filter: 3x18;
Ignore Subsequent Matches for (0 to Disable):  0 Days
Add Paused: Use Global Settings

All other fields on this page are blank.  The rules is applied to the proper feed and without any conditions under Episode Filter I can see a long list of shows presented as:

The Show 3x22 720P
or
The Show 3x15 Episode Title 720P
etc . . .

Thanks for the reply.  If there are logs that can explain why this isn't working I'm happy to upload them if you can tell me where they are. 

nofuk
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

The episode listing part is "3x18" not S03E18?
Then the episode filter wont work for you in its current state as it is hardcoded to look for SXX and EXX
[quote="KitKat"]
It also matches S?? and E?? but it does need the S & E identifiers because without them it would match a whole plethora of other shit, quick example Some.Video.S01.E01.h264 would cause smart filter matches for episode 2,6,4,26,64 and 264 for everything without the "S" identifier..
[/quote]

Suggest posting a bug/improvement report on the github asking for an option to not require S and E identifiers (will cause bugs/issues) to get this feature updated/added.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues

/e:
In the meantime try using a "must contain" filter with "720p 3x??" as the contents to limit your feed to season 3.
Getting episode filters to work  for 18-50 cant really think of how you'd do them. sorry.
Last edited by KitKat on Fri May 20, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nofuk

Post by nofuk »

Thanks again for your reply.  I checked all of the feeds that I have and every one of them presents shows as "SxEE".  I may follow-up with a feature request.

MJ
Sharif

Post by Sharif »

I so wish a simple >"Value" could be used :P Kinda like Microsoft Access query filters
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

You sorta can if its in SXXEXX format
[quote="Sharif"]
I so wish a simple >"Value" could be used :P Kinda like Microsoft Access query filters
[/quote]
1x1-999; would give you all episodes of season 1 provided there are less than 1000..

I wish i could use a wildcard for the season number and just match the episode count..
??x1-999; would match all episodes in all seasons..
Last edited by KitKat on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klepptoman

Post by klepptoman »

I want to filter a specific word only , ie I only wish to DL "Dog" , Currently my RSS filter will download anything with "dog" in the title.
Any help would be appreciated.