qb not reporting all seeding torrents to trackers

Windows specific questions, problems.
pesqb

qb not reporting all seeding torrents to trackers

Post by pesqb »

Anyone else experienced this?

Notably on Gazelle-based trackers, when you have a large number of torrents, qb seems to report only part of the torrents (most gazelle-trackers reward users just for seeding). For instance, out of 1000 torrents, only 30, 40 are reported as active on the client. Then I do this: pause all of them. After doing that, all of them go "errored" at the trackers side panel. Then I resume all and rapidly they start leaving out the errored status on tracker panel - one can actually see the number of errored "announces" gradually decreasing to some number, say 600. So this is not enough to fix their status, because hundreds of them still appear errored. So I have to do this pause/resume routine again and again...

Problem is not losing "seeding bonus", it's that the number of peers and the upload rate consequently decrease, because the torrents they are interested in, albeit being displayed as SEEDING on your client, are not seen by the tracker.
Last edited by pesqb on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pesqb

Re: qb not reporting all seeding torrents to trackers

Post by pesqb »

"29/06/2016 04:43 - 'torrent.pdf' resumed. (fast resume)"

Checked the Execution log right after running qbt, that's all it reports for all torrents.
But hundreds of torrents from a number of sites stay errored on the trackers side panel.
Maybe there's a limit for max torrents allowed on the client?
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

Torrent Queuing (if enabled) probably affects this.
Check if its reporting your maximum number of active torrents/uploads?

Try disabling it and checking the tracker again, only thing i can think of setting wise here.
bob1324

Post by bob1324 »

If Gazelle-based trackers are private torrents
then I think this is the problem:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5048
Go back to v3.3.3
v3.3.4 also has the problem.
pesqb

Post by pesqb »

[quote="KitKat"]
Torrent Queuing (if enabled) probably affects this.
Check if its reporting your maximum number of active torrents/uploads?

Try disabling it and checking the tracker again, only thing i can think of setting wise here.
[/quote]

Queuing is disabled... And i like this current default setting. Thanks for your reply. :)

[quote="bob1324"]
If Gazelle-based trackers are private torrents
then I think this is the problem:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5048
Go back to v3.3.3
v3.3.4 also has the problem.
[/quote]

Yes, private torrents. Indeed, I have noticed some "scrape info inconsistency", an underreported number of seeders, mainly... Does that affect the way qbt report the torrent seeding status?

Anyway, will have to wait for next version then, because I just got the hang of the TMM feature and v3.3.5 was the version that helped me understand how it works, specially the difference between manual/automatic management for existing/recently added torrents. Thanks for the heads up.