Qbittorent not recognizing magnet torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
gfr92y

Qbittorent not recognizing magnet torrents

Post by gfr92y »

My wife's ThinkPad with Windows 7 Professional (x64) was running v.3.3.4. Clicking on TPB or KAT magnet icons did not load the torrent to qbittorrent. After I uninstalled v.3.3.4 and installed v.3.3.5, I could click on a magnet icon on either TPB or KAT and the torrent would automatically load. Life was good.

Having the same problem on my desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium (x64), I uninstalled v.3.3.4 and installed v.3.3.5, but when clicked on a magnet icon on either TPB or KAT, nothing happened.

Where can I find either instructions or a troubleshooting guide to fix this problem?

UPDATE
  1. The file "Local State" in C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data was already set to "magnet: false"
  2. I tried a Windows 10 solution from this forum (i.e., Run it as Administrator (once) and use the checkboxes to set the associations.), but that did not fix the problem.
  3. I tried associating the extension .torrent to Qbittorrent, but that did not work either.
Thanks!

Joe
Last edited by gfr92y on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KitKat

Re: Qbittorent not recognizing magnet torrents

Post by KitKat »

What browser?

Try checking whether its associated in the browser itself not the file system?
Under firefox its found in "tools > options > applications"
Do a search for magnet and/or qbittorent and it should appear.
The commandline you see should be something like

"C:\Path\To\qbittorent.exe" "%1"
tekko

Re: Qbittorent not recognizing magnet torrents

Post by tekko »

For chrome, I think u have to modify the registry too. If you don't know how, then just install firefox. It's easier to configure.