get torrent link

Windows specific questions, problems.
sliced

get torrent link

Post by sliced »

Some how some way when I was not paying attention I changed the file association to "Get Torrent" within TPA . When I click that link hoping QBT will startup or add torrent to download list I get the install.exe for QBT. So I have to copy link location and paste it blah blah blah.  Can someone please tell me how to get back to where I was and just click that link to start or add.  I have looked everywhere including reinstalling 3.3.5.  Thank you
Switeck

Re: get torrent link

Post by Switeck »

Under Options, Behavior, (scroll down to) File Association:
Use qBitTorrent for .torrent files
Use qBitTorrent for magnet links

You'll probably want to check both boxes.
sliced

Post by sliced »

Thanks for the reply Switeck. Yes I did check those boxes. I think it happened when I installed the new version and in a rush I clicked the wrong file association when asked to enter it from a list. However when I tried to re-install QBT that option never came back.
S.H.Bouwhuis

Post by S.H.Bouwhuis »

1. Go to Windows Explorer (<WIN-E>).
2. Right mouse button click on a .torrent file.
3. Choose 'Open with...'
4. Choose qbittorrent. If it's not in the list, choose Browse... and select the qbittorrent.exe file.
5. Tick the checkbox stating 'Always use this application to open .torrent files with'
tekko

Post by tekko »

Are you talking about a browser? which?
What's TPA...
sliced

Post by sliced »

Thanks S.H.Bouwhuis but that did not work. Under Win E I found the QBT and the .exe file but when I used it it still gave the pop up to install QBT.

And tekko I am using firefox and same result in chrome and  I meant to write TPB.
tekko

Post by tekko »

sliced

Post by sliced »

That did the trick. I knew it was something simple and I was too simple to find it. Thank you tekko your help is much appreciated .