All torrent clients suddenly incredibly slow.

Windows specific questions, problems.
Bishop149

All torrent clients suddenly incredibly slow.

Post by Bishop149 »

Well recently qbittorrent has essentially just stopped working.
Torrents generally download incredibly slowly, usually not even making it to a mere 10kb/s. Periodically one will suddenly find some speed and download normally for about 10 minutes or so before dropping off again.
After reading around and playing with optimising settings for days nothing has helped, so I tried a few other clients specifically uTorrent and Tixati only to find them suffering from exactly the same issue.

So I now suspecti this has nothing to do with the torrent clients themselves at all, I suspect one of the following:
1) My ISP has suddenly got VERY good at blocking torrent traffic.
2) The Windows 10 anniversary update has seriously borked something, the problems started at around the same time this installed itself.

Before I consider shelling out for a VPN to dodge around 1) does anyone have any insight or similar problems?
Switeck

Re: All torrent clients suddenly incredibly slow.

Post by Switeck »

Try running standard online speed tests (like speedtest.net and dslreports.com's speed tester).
Might even want to try them while running a BitTorrent client (at the new usual 10 KB/sec) to see if that changes things much...
Bishop149

Post by Bishop149 »

It appears it was indeed the Windows 10 anniversary update, I rolled back and everything is working again instantly.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

No problems here before and after the Anniversary update, W10 Pro 64bit.