Retrieving QB torrents file

Windows specific questions, problems.
Varjak

Retrieving QB torrents file

Post by Varjak »

My new laptop crashed in the midst of backing it up to my NAS.  It now will not boot into Windows, but there are indications that the hard drive is okay.  If I can either pull the HD or access it some other way (I'm working on that), is there a place to look for a file that would repopulate QBittorrent (on another machine obviously) with all the torrents I had?  I can't remember them all and would like to retrieve them if possible and put them on a new laptop with a new QB installation. 

Apparently, there is a recovery function that will restore my files, but wipe out all my installed apps, including app data. 
stihia

Re: Retrieving QB torrents file

Post by stihia »

You will find all your torrent files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\qBittorrent
Varjak

Post by Varjak »

Thank you so much. 
Varjak

Post by Varjak »

Just wanted to pursue this a bit more.  I had to get another laptop and I found the torrents as you describe.  However, in addition to torrents, there are also 'fast resume' files.  Should I copy those over as well? 

I found this thread that talks about moving the torrent files, but not the fast resume files:

index.php/topic,697.msg2553.html

Also, I've seen mentioned that the partial torrents must be in the EXACT path.  For me, that would be This PC -> Downloads.  Since I've changed my username on the laptop, would that change the Downloads path?  I may, for logistical reasons (I'm harvesting the files off the damaged drive via the DOS commands), I may have to start them over anyway. 

Thanks in advance. 
Last edited by Varjak on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varjak

Post by Varjak »

Anyone?
tekko

Post by tekko »

The whole BT_backup folder

The paths should stay the same. The progress should be saved.

qbt's options would reset though and u'll need to change them.

Make sure u set the drives to use the same letters to avoid changing paths later on.
jslay

Post by jslay »

I created a script to change base dir paths.

It can be found here.

index.php/topic,4976.0.html
Varjak

Post by Varjak »

tekko, how do I utilize the BT_Backup folder to restore QBittorrent?  Thanks.