Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Windows specific questions, problems.
napouser

Re: Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Post by napouser »

hello
might be a bit offtopic might be not
along with the rest is there a program to transfer statistics from ut to qt?

total down
total up
total running time
total times launched program etc

be a shame to loose 10 years worth of stats and lots of TB

thanks
Last edited by napouser on Sat May 13, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kellis

Post by Kellis »

Hello.
On Win10 I am having trouble with a migration. The process stops with this message

Code: Select all

WARNING: The rest_client gem is deprecated and will be removed from RubyGems. Please use rest-client gem instead.
Backing up dat file...complete.
Parsing dat file...complete.
Consistency check...
C:/Users/Nikolay/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr88BB.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:355:in `block in <main>': No caption (RuntimeError)
        from C:/Users/Nikolay/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr88BB.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:352:in `each'
        from C:/Users/Nikolay/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr88BB.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:352:in `<main>'
RMT

Post by RMT »

after 205 out a 1400 it stopped, doing it over shows this message 

(Win10 X64 ) uT 3.4
C:\>ut2gt.exe "C:\Users\X1\AppData\uTorrent\resume.dat" "C:\Users\X1\AppData\Local\qBittorrent"

WARNING: The rest_client gem is deprecated and will be removed from RubyGems. Please use rest-client gem instead.
Backing up dat file...C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `initialize': No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - C:\Users\X1\AppData\uTorrent\resume.dat (Errno::ENOENT)
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `open'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `copy_file'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:483:in `copy_file'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:400:in `block in cp'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1579:in `block in fu_each_src_dest'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1595:in `fu_each_src_dest0'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1577:in `fu_each_src_dest'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:399:in `cp'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:87:in `backupResumeDat'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr486A.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:341:in `<main>'

C:\>
i fixed the missing /Roaming/* part but still stuck
205/1244 Introduction to Elements of Kathara Level 4 (Installment 1).torrent
C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr4A6D.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `sort': comparison of String with Array failed (ArgumentError)
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr4A6D.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `tPunchup'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr4A6D.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:390:in `block in <main>'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr4A6D.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `each'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr4A6D.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `<main>'

3rd run fixed the BT_backup" forgot to add that

ut2gt.exe "C:\Users\X1\AppData\uTorrent\resume.dat" "C:\Users\X1\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup"
C:\>ut2gt.exe "C:\Users\X1\AppData\uTorrent\resume.dat" "C:\Users\X1\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup"

Backing up dat file...C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `initialize': No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - C:\Users\X1\AppData\uTorrent\resume.dat (Errno::ENOENT)
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `open'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `copy_file'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:483:in `copy_file'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:400:in `block in cp'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1579:in `block in fu_each_src_dest'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1595:in `fu_each_src_dest0'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:1577:in `fu_each_src_dest'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileutils.rb:399:in `cp'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:87:in `backupResumeDat'
        from C:/Users/X1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8BE4.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:341:in `<main>'

but when loading Qbittorrent, none of them 205 are loaded/active/listed

ive downloaded and edited
" TriAnMan: Guys, I've fixed the thing - there was a problem with announce-list items.
Take the code here: https://gist.github.com/Cyberthing/cb49cc19cc5609f3db61 "
but i donoo where to put it..
Last edited by RMT on Thu May 25, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drilldozer9k

Post by drilldozer9k »

I registered just for this tool. I've had it pinned for a long time just waiting for one particularly slow dl to finish but with the recent reports of malware installed through ads in uT 3.0+ some trackers have blacklisted them (I disabled the ads day 1 but w/e). 
So it seems to work except it only gets like 40-50 torrents in before stopping with:
C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr27D2.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `sort': comparison of Array with String failed (ArgumentError)
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr27D2.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `tPunchup'
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr27D2.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:390:in `block in <main>'
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr27D2.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `each'
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr27D2.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `<main>'

The 50~ ones imported work fine (I think) it even imported date downloaded and stuff.
I searched for posts containing
comparison of Array with String failed
but couldn't find any solution
What I wrote:
ut2gt.exe "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat" "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup"

EDIT:
Started uT and ran it for a while, retried running the program and got the same error after the same torrent (But a different temp file)
C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD95E.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `sort': comparison of Array with String failed (ArgumentError)
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD95E.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `tPunchup'
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD95E.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:390:in `block in <main>'
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD95E.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `each'
        from C:/Users/Me/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD95E.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `<main>'
Last edited by drilldozer9k on Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMT

Post by RMT »

i removed 3 problem torrents, and (1 LABEL/FOLDER fully , i can add them 50+ manually, np) now it does run fully
C:\>ut2gt.exe "C:\Users\X1\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat" "C:\Users\X1\AppData\Local\qBittorrent"
Backing up dat file...complete.
Parsing dat file...complete.
Consistency check...
...Done
Found this many torrents:
Done! Exported this many torrents:
drilldozer9k

Post by drilldozer9k »

Noone has any idea how to solve this?
Mr_Rata

Post by Mr_Rata »

hi,new here, i would to use qbittorent, migrating from my old utorret..

Ive the same issue  :'(
i get this error with some torrents ...
if delete problematic torrents,and restart works fine..but can fix this issue ? thx

1997/4857 [Nipponsei] Eureka Seven AO Original Soundtrack 2.zip.torrent
load_file error, skipping:
[Nipponsei] Toradora! ED Single - Vanilla Salt [Horie Yui].zip.torrent
error: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - C:\Users\oscar\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent/[Nipponsei] Toradora! ED Single - Vanilla Salt [Horie Yui].zip.torrent
backtrace: ["C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/bencode-0.8.2/lib/bencode/decode.rb:34:in `initialize'", "C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/bencode-0.8.2/lib/bencode/decode.rb:34:in `open'", "C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/bencode-0.8.2/lib/bencode/decode.rb:34:in `load_file'", "C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:379:in `block in <main>'", "C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `each'", "C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `<main>'"]
1999/4857 [Nishi-Taku] One Off OVA [BD-Hi10][1080p-FLAC].torrent
2000/4857 [Nishishi-subs] Kiss x Sis OVA - 10 [480p Hi10][57FBF8F3].mkv.torrent
C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `sort': comparison of String with Array failed (ArgumentError)
        from C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `tPunchup'
        from C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:390:in `block in <main>'
        from C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `each'
        from C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrABEF.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:375:in `<main>'
from #74 .. tried with this,and worked fine !!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1UBcG ... JZa1U/view
Last edited by Mr_Rata on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
drilldozer9k

Post by drilldozer9k »

[quote="g3rsiu"]
since no update on first post i compiled it - it worked for me

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1UBcG ... sp=sharing

idk  programming or anything but something wouldn't compile when used in the paths presented in the script so i had to use my filepath  - hope this works

tested from utorrent 226 to qbt 334

still same usage as in original post
[/quote] 
PRAISE, this worked for me. 3736 torrents imported no problem.
FKJSGNKJFS

Post by FKJSGNKJFS »

Thank for both your work!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice :)!.
nickarad

Post by nickarad »

Mate @ Nemo, please explain me (if you want) the steps I have to make when passing the torrents from utorrent to qbittorent. You being a moderator have seen all the comments on this section. So you are the best able to document. I do not know why the team that designed qbittorent does not put a tutorial or description, inform everyone, if that can be done normally, from Qbittorent software or not. I do not want to try other achievements made by anyone. I only want achievements made by the respective soft producers.That's why I ask you to explain to me if you can move from utorrent to qbittorent torrents, step by step. Thank you in advance.
Ceao.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Welcome nickarad, thanks for the kind words.

I would love to help you out and give you step by step instructions on how to use this migrate tool but its been a while (first post is from March 2015) I have read this topic and can't remember the exact steps in order to get this working. I never used or tried it myself.

However you can read the first post that has some instructions written over here: https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,3224.msg15518.html#msg15518
Some usage information as you asked for it:

- Close both uTorrent and qBittorent
- Open a command prompt from Start menu
- Run ut2qt.exe (or the ruby script) with two command line parameters. First one is the full path and filename of uTorrents resume.dat (usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat). The second parameter is the path to qBittorrents BT_backup folder (usually C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup\)
- Wait for the program to end, then start qBittorrent
Or if someone that has used this tool can write down some more information would be nice perhaps.

Do you need to transfer alot of torrents or just a few? If few you can add the torrent files into qBittorrent, choose the right location of the files and recheck them.

I also opened an issue at Github: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7135. Just an idea but lets see how the devs think about it about something more official tool like thing.
nickarad

Post by nickarad »

Mate @ Nemo , First of all I thank you for your honest answer. I do not want to use programs made "alright" on tried, etc.....I've just begun to "have fun" recently by taking up torrents on the Demonoid.pw site. And always utorrent, after a while, it stops working, and then it blocks my internet connection, blocking the network card (as a network driver modem would not have installed)
I already have over 900 upload torrents. I'll wait a month, two ... but no more. If qbittorent manufacturers do not do anything about this possibility to move torrent files from another torrent client to qbitorrent, I'm going to find other torrent software.
If you can put me in touch with qbitorrent producers, I'll explain to them, too (like many of me who want to migrate from utorrent) It would be great for everyone. They can rewrite the software so that anyone can add files from the utorrent. And then the qbittorrent client will have the expected success. If they do not, then it will not succeed. And he still has many bad parts. But it's not time to develop them now.
Once again, thank you for your suggestions.
I greet you with respect from Country Romania.
Ceao.
Last edited by nickarad on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yebisu

Post by yebisu »

Hi all
i have a problem , my operative system is installed in B:\ and migration software don't start.
Thx

p.s.  i'm stupid wich is the anser for this question ? What's the project called?  :D
Last edited by yebisu on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nexter

Post by nexter »

Hello there!

I tried both the compiled and source version, but both got error after about 430 torrents.
Then I saw that there had been forks/revisions since 2015, so I tried the newest by "naodesu" and it worked!
So, I have compiled it into a new .exe, then I made a batch-file for easier use and a readme-file.
You can find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_vv0F9iI_aOHJLRDNUbU1TVEE/view?usp=sharing
Please read the readme.txt

And please let me know if you have any problems.

[quote="yebisu"]
Hi all
i have a problem , my operative system is installed in B:\ and migration software don't start.
Thx

p.s.  i'm stupid wich is the anser for this question ? What's the project called?  :D
[/quote]
If your OS is installed in B:\ then just exchange C:\ for B:\ in the path. Like this: B:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat

As to what the project is called: qbittorrent