[Feature Request] launch only torrent-creator

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
duss

[Feature Request] launch only torrent-creator

Post by duss »

Request: Be able to launch only the "torrent-creator" to create a .torrent fast, easy and nice.
Reason: Having tripple-digit active torrents, its a hassle to launch the client just to have it first freeze up, then start checking trough all .torrents, when the user just want to create a .torrent-file. Also, its best to have it run through with the check, I guess, before its safe to close it down again. (its Ok that it takes some minutes to launch the client if.. you know.. you are starting it to use it  :) ).

A own .exe for the torrent-creator could not be that hard to make when all dependencies is there ?

pretty please !  :D

edit: all right, I followed the "Please read - qBittorrent features requests".
Last edited by duss on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: [Feature Request] launch only torrent-creator

Post by loki »

Why not just use a 3rd party program then, seems like lots of options of programs that will strictly only make torrent files.
Maketorrent, mktorrent, crtorrent, just to name a few.
duss

Post by duss »

For some reasons, two be that I don't want to learn and adapt to the issues that 3rd party program might have, and that its less software to keep track with. I just want to be able to use something already installed see.

What do you use? :)
loki

Post by loki »

I use qB, but I run it 24/7... so no big ordeal if I were to create a torrent.

Some of those ones don't need to install, I think.
duss

Post by duss »

all right, so no response on this. But I did find an app that was from this decade, called "mktorrent-GUI" :)

Now I just have to learn about the auto and defaults in qBit and apply that to this yet another new app, to generate .torrent without any errors. Another reason why there should be an option to launch only the torrent-creator ! :)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Read the News section at the top. :)
You should report this to the Launchpad tracker.