Show your desktop

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
FliessendWasser

Re: Show your desktop

Post by FliessendWasser »

My current desktop(s)...

So, my PC is a little more interesting than my laptop, that is why I will list it first:

(Click here for the FullHD-image)

(I'll just continue as Nemo did above)
What is visible:

Task bar
- Chrome / Firefox (preferred): web browsers. If Firefox goes crazy (not playing 1080p60 videos on YT or smth else, I switch to Chrome. Mainly using Firefox though...
- LibreOffice: open source office suite I'm using for literally everything
- Explorer: ...
- Foobar 2000: slim and awesome music player
- Thunderbird: I have several email accounts, managed in this program

Desktop
- Studium Cloud: Shortcut to my MEGA folder for my study materials
- Solid Edge ST10: 3D designing program for engineering
- Keyshot 6 / ... Resources: Program to create neat pictures of objects made in Solid Edge ST10
- Blender: 3D designing program for literally everything else
- dnbfm.m3u: Streaming link for an online radio (Foobar2000)
- Need for Speed™ World: A revival of the formerly F2P game made by EA (shutdown in 2014 or smth)
- temporarity: A folder for every file that is on the lookout for some temporary shelter

In the tray, there are some programs aswell, but in short
- Steam: Games and stuff (mostly CSGO and PUBG (<- everything on very low))
- qBittorrent: Seeding and stuff
and so on.

Most programs that I use are in the start area, so clicking on the windows button will list most of the programs that I use. I prefer a clean desktop rather than a filled one. :D

My system:
- CPU: Intel i5-6400
- Motherboard: Some cheap thing
- RAM: some cheap and low-voltage 8GB
- GPU: elitegroup NVIDIA GTX 750ti
- PSU: Some cheap underpowered thing (maybe 350 Watt or smth)
- SSD: Some Samsung 128GB
- HDD: 2TB Seagate thing (1 External HDD 1TB)
- The rest is some cheap stuff, no need to mention
- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500
- Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 on a LIONCAST esport one BIG Edition (fanboy and such) - might get a ZOWIE EC1-B with a mouse bungee later on, when I have the money, as the cord is rubbed of at a certain point
(both the mouse and the keyboard are configured with the Steelseries Engine, one of the icons visible in the tray)
- Headset: Sennheiser GSP 300
- Speakers: Cheap but good Logitech speakers
- Monitor: BenQ GL2450H - 1920x1080 resolution, looking for some 144Hz screen
- Gamepad: XBOX 360 controller for PC. In case I want to play some racing games (less NFS right now - EA managed to f*ck every part of it up somehow, regarding save files, controls, online mode, and major annoying bugs)

My laptop isn't worth the mention - it also has a kingfisher as its Desktop image, but a different one. The desktop icons are pretty much the same, so is the task bar and the tray, and the start menu, too. A picture is here, anyway.
Last edited by FliessendWasser on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice read brot0! I like your desktop thats the way I prefer also being clean and neat.
Adsixnine

Post by Adsixnine »

I like too clean desktop, Well, try different Linux distro and finally keep one that does for you.
drak00

Post by drak00 »

[quote="hyperion1is"]
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic." :)
I hope I don't bother anyone by "re-opening" this topic. Nemo is right, it can be a inspiration for others.

Anyway, this is my desktop.

My version of Windows is in Romanian but it shouldn't present a problem to anyone.
I will give the quick tour:
- the first icon in top left named "Computer" is "My computer". Following on vertical are apps shortcuts. Right below My computer are 2 shortcuts for 2 folders: one for apps and one for documents. I follow Nemo style to keep my desktop clean with the change that the apps that I use more often are on desktop and the other ones are in "Scurtaturi" folder. A compromise if you will. Unlike you Nemo for me keeping a clean the desktop is not a won battle yet :)
- top middle a simple gadget for Cpu and Ram usage.
- top right: Recycle bin icon. Next to it "Shutdown" and "Restart" buttons (using custom scripts) for convenience. Below, shortcuts for administrative issues such as: the God Mode, Event Viewer, Uninstall a program and so on. In the center are some shortcuts for a user with which I share this PC.
- on the right the taskbar on vertical, mainly because I like to open as many windows without the need to regroup or to be harder to see. On this one (to not combine) I'm still on the old XP behavior. First, after the Start button is Quick launch. "Disabled" in Windows 7 but a must have for me. Half of them are apps and half are shortcuts for folders that I frequently open (such as the torrents folder :) ). The rest is obvious.
- Also as for desktop background I usually use a folder (more than one wallpaper) rather than just one picture with 1 hour cycling interval. I get bored quickly with just one :) Now it's a folder with Universe theme that I have downloaded from the net.

HostGator DreamHost Bluehost
Cheers!
[/quote]
can you please give me the download link of the theme?
because I too am bored
thanks
Last edited by drak00 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.