Problems with the UI after a update

Windows specific questions, problems.
Nightwalker

Problems with the UI after a update

Post by Nightwalker »

I having some weird spaces between columns that I can't figure out how to hide/disable. This things are really annoying, so if someone have a suggestion or can explain the steps that I need to do to solve this I'll be very grateful.

That's it for now!

Thank you all, see ya!
Attachments
qtorrent.png
ItWasSooted

Re: Problems with the UI after a update

Post by ItWasSooted »

It's very simple to fix. Right click the bar where your red arrows are pointing. You'll see that everything is ticked, just untick the ones that aren't showing as text.
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

[quote="ItWasSooted"]
It's very simple to fix. Right click the bar where your red arrows are pointing. You'll see that everything is ticked, just untick the ones that aren't showing as text.
[/quote]

Sometimes this "fix" doesn't fix the actual problem. Had the same, advise above did not fix the issue - actually it was the first thing that I tried after experiencing the same. Unticked every column, yet there were these ugly empty fields left.

@OP: Close qBittorrent *completely*. Go to %appdata%\qBittorrent and delete the file named "qBittorrent.ini". This is the file that manages all the UI settings. Start qBittorrent - it should create the file again, so no worries.
Pro point: problem fixed. Contra: You'll need to set up qBittorrent again. Things like your ratio won't be lost, but the UI will need to be configured the way you want it.

I experienced the same problem when downgrading from the 3.4.0beta to 3.3.16 again, fiddled around and found the solution above.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by FliessendWasser on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightwalker

Post by Nightwalker »

Deleting the file solved the problem. Many thanks for all the help. I downgrade the client as well because a specific tracker does not have qTorrent 4.x in the white list, but the UI becomes ugly. I did wait until the download that I wanted had finished and I installed the new 4 version one more time, but for my surprise the UI problem still exist.

After deleting the file you mention, all the things seen fine. Take me 2 minutes to configure all the options to my previous preferences, but that was a minor problem.

Thank you guys. Peace o/