[official]qBittorrent 4.0.4 installer - Built with MSVC 2017

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
svalentin

Re: [official]qBittorrent 4.0.4 installer - Built with MSVC 2017

Post by svalentin »

The version 4.0.4 installer on fosshub seems to be busted.

The fosshub windows x64 exe is 41.4 MB and fails integrity check. Checksum doesn't match - eecefe1182b323e65dd79bb98d76391178c75238440363944646727503035d57
The SourceForge windows x64 exe is 21.4 MB and runs. Checksum matches - 27420dec31a55b6e4745be7db1e12feb82a5a18b8186a7f0fc339fc97a7b612f

Seems like there's a difference between the two. Those looking to install 4.0.4 should use the SourceForge mirror.
Last edited by svalentin on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [official]qBittorrent 4.0.3 installer - Built with MSVC 2017

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Bloodcore wrote:
sledgehammer_999 wrote: Here is qBittorrent 4.0.4 built with MSVC 2017.

4.0.4 link-> http://www.fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html
Changelog: http://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

Libraries's version used:
Libtorrent: 1.1.6+git01c41fadcf
Qt: 5.7.1 (32-bit) / 5.10 (64-bit)
Boost: 1.66.0
I've downloaded the "Windows x64" version 3 times so far and everytime I try to run the installer, I  receive an "Installer integrity check has failed".

No idea if the error is on my side, your side or Fosshub.
I just figured I'd point it out, just in case.
The version 4.0.4 installer on fosshub seems to be busted.

The fosshub windows x64 exe is 41.4 MB and fails integrity check. Checksum doesn't match - eecefe1182b323e65dd79bb98d76391178c75238440363944646727503035d57
The SourceForge windows x64 exe is 21.4 MB and runs. Checksum matches - 27420dec31a55b6e4745be7db1e12feb82a5a18b8186a7f0fc339fc97a7b612f

Seems like there's a difference between the two. Those looking to install 4.0.4 should use the SourceForge mirror.
Thanks for the reports. Apparently it is fixed already from the FossHub team. They have emailed be about it.
It was a botched upload. I didn't catch the file size error (nearly double) because it was late at night for me. Sorry.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks sledge.

This update seems to be working better overall than v4.0.3 for me. Latest libraries and various important fixes, nice release.
Seven

Post by Seven »

so i just noticed that there is a new version available, looking trough the log changes i see no fix for that qbit is not properly reporting ratio/upload, i will take that then as not fixed  :thumbsup:
Last edited by Seven on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="Seven"]
so i just noticed that there is a new version available, looking trough the log changes i see no fix for that qbit is not properly reporting ratio/upload, i will take that then as not fixed  :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Subscribe to this bug: https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/2724
(libtorrent bug tracker)
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Sledge are you aware that 'set location' seems to do basically nothing? Is this supposed to work like uTorrent does and move the torrent once the location is set?
I've changed to local disk directories and external ones and nothing happens. If I click Open Destination Folder, the old location comes up is there any way around this atm?

I also keep getting an .unwanted folder in the download directory, that shouldn't be there if there's nothing in it. I downloaded a file and let it finish I can now move the torrent, not sure what causes it to fail.
If I copy all the files across and set all the files to normal priority, nothing outside of the first file I downloaded with Qbittorrent is checked, Qbittorrent needs to actually look at the files that are in the directory and check them against the torrent instead of just placing them in the .unwanted folder and ignoring them which I've seen it do. On another note it would be preferred if the download location was changed that qBittorrent asked if the previously downloaded torrents should be moved rather than it just automatically moving everything without consent.

If I set all files in the torrent to 'do not download' and do a recheck then I get two files coming up at 4.0 and 4.4% complete, if I select priority to normal for at least one of the files then the one that was 4.4% comes back at 100% if I unselect it's tick box so it changes back to 'do not download' and recheck it comes back at 4.4%..

All I want to do right now is have qBittorrent pick up all the files I've downloaded and check them to 100%. They are complete, qBittorrent appears to be blind to anything it hasn't downloaded itself.
I download one file within the torrent, pause it when it's 100%, copy the files across from the complete torrent into the download directory, set all files to normal priority, do a recheck and only the first file I downloaded is checked.
This isn't what should happen, uTorrent would've checked all the files. So I delete the torrent, add it again, set the location and if I try 'open destination folder' or 'open containing folder' nothing happens.
I tried rechecking by setting the location to the directory the files reside in and also one level below (because of torrent name appending) and nothing happens likely because no files have been downloaded by qbittorrent.

This is looks quite broken and making it hard to seed with this client.. This along with another issue I encountered with it not respecting download speed limits make me think this should still be in beta.
I was not interested in checking this client out until all the bugs had been fixed but I've been forced to now and have spent hours dealing with it's multitude of issues. I hope you get this fixed up quickly it'll be a good client when it works as it should.
Last edited by Ryrynz on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Seven"]
[/quote]

(libtorrent bug tracker)
[/quote]

Can you (or someone) compile a new build with this fix so we can test it?
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Can anyone give me a method to actually recheck files from a already 100% downloaded torrent that actually works with this client? I don't have .qt option enabled.

I would also like to see some test builds released.
Last edited by Ryrynz on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

[quote="Ryrynz"]Sledge are you aware that 'set location' seems to do basically nothing? Is this supposed to work like uTorrent does and move the torrent once the location is set?
I've changed to local disk directories and external ones and nothing happens. If I click Open Destination Folder, the old location comes up is there any way around this atm?[/quote]I'm not sure they're willing to fix that problem at this point:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... t-20799222
Notice the date of that post...
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Managed to get it to work by following the steps in Sledge's post from 2013.
Pause the torrent(important) as soon as it shows 0%.
Point to the correct location on disk.
Force recheck while paused.
Resume.

Doesn't always work though... =/

More on this.. I have a partially downloaded torrent, I know exactly where it is. I add the torrent fresh, point it to the right directory and recheck. NOTHING.
I re add it after deleting it (keeping the files of course) download one file, change it's location to where the other files are. I open location, the file is there with the rest of the files..
So it makes sense now that if I delete this and re add it again paused and recheck it should pick up ALL the files right? NOPE.
This program is doing my head in. How is this a release build? =/

Update: So I completely downloaded 1 file within the torrent and it downloaded to the .unwanted directory, I then moved all the uncompleted files in the main directory into the .unwanted dir made sure all the files were set to normal priority and rechecked.. and it finally picked them up. Also once these files have been checked and the percentage shown on the bar, once I set them all to not download
because I only want to "seed" what I've downloaded and not complete them, the torrent's done percentage shows 0%, this shouldn't change at all. Lots of things that need improving/fixing.

I'm not a fan of not being able to change the priority while it's not downloading, I have to tick it first so it changes to normal, mirroring uTorrent here I think is better usability wise.
I'd also like to see the active category only apply to torrents that are actually uploading and downloading just like uTorrent.

If I 'set location' and point to an external drive it appears to do nothing even though it is, Sledge can you make it so that it shows something like "moving" when it's actually performing an action?
At this point I'm not sure if the file has been completely copied and just not updated with it's location or if it's still in process.. (update: it was still in process)

Also.. is run program broken? I've set cmd robocopy "%D" "f:\Anime\%N\ " but nothing happens. Can you just please add like uTorrent an option to move the files when done? That's all it seems most people want to do.
Last edited by Ryrynz on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

@Ryrynz

some of the problems you describe might be related to libtorrent and not qbittorrent. Libtorrent has some fixes related to stuff you mention in the next release. Those will be included in my next release too.
Wait to try my new release.
In case problems persist, I would like step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce each of your problem.

To be sure that you are pointing qbt to the correct directory level, after adding a torrent, check "Save Path:" label under the "General" tab.

The "Do not Download" priority isn't for what you wanted it to be. It just sets a file/piece priority. Those pieces might still be downloaded if they are shared pieces with other files.
After a file has been fully downloaded it doesn't make sense to have its pieces' priorities changed.
Libtorrent has an "upload only" mode, but that isn't exposed as an option in the GUI.

Move success/failure might be reported in the log. I am not sure about that. You need to check.

"run external program" feature has seen some fixes after 4.0.4. They will be included in the next release too.

[quote="Rastaman"]
[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
[quote="Seven"]
[/quote]

(libtorrent bug tracker)
[/quote]

Can you (or someone) compile a new build with this fix so we can test it?
[/quote]

Please test this: http://builds.shiki.hu/temp/qbittorrent ... 304a3b5.7z
Rastaman

Post by Rastaman »

Doesn't fix this sadly.
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Sledge, can we expect 4.05 some time next month?
Bloodcore

Post by Bloodcore »

[quote="Ryrynz"]
Sledge, can we expect 4.05 some time next month?
[/quote]

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8710
[quote="Sledgehammer999"]On another note, I just pushed translations. And I am planning to give 2-3 days until this weekend for the translators to work on new strings. The next release after 4.1.0 should be a lot sooner.
Also I have locally finished the new changelog, but I want to go over it once more in order to remove possible unnecessary entries. Currently it counts 69 changes. It's big.
[/quote]
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Cheers. I've been using that test build posted above, I've encountered times where the UI will not launch this happens every few days or so, while remote interacts with it fine and the taskbar icon shows transferring data. Only way I can fix it is by closing the app forcefully and restarting. Any ideas if this has been fixed?