Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
napouser

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by napouser »

hi
last time i checked was quite impossible but
its been a long time does any1 managed to find a way to transfer global stats from ut to qbt?
have in mind stats ar stored in settings.dat
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="napouser"]
hi
last time i checked was quite impossible but
its been a long time does any1 managed to find a way to transfer global stats from ut to qbt?
have in mind stats ar stored in settings.dat
[/quote]

I didn't say it was impossible. Just need to use the QT framework. In my app, this is difficult to do, because binding with the framework is experimental and quite difficult to set up. And I do not know C/C++ well enough to implement this function in go, or to write on C/C++.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

How close, realistically, are we to having this functionality?  This is the ONLY reason I have not migrated to QBT - I have ~2k titles in uT 2.2.1.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

What do you mean, when say "this"?
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

[quote="rumanzo"]
Disappointed in the existing application on the ruby, which could not handle all my torrents, I wrote my own application on golang.
I tested it on my own torrent database (3k+) and test torrents on Bittorrent/uTorrent clients (version 3+).
Features:
  • Processing all torrents
  • Processing torrents with subdirectories and without subdirectories
  • Processing torrents with renamed files
  • Processing torrents with non-standard encodings (for example, cp1251)
  • Processing of torrents in the not ready state *
  • Save date, metrics, status. **
  • Import of tags and labels
  • Multithreading
* This torrents will not be done (0%) and will need force rehash
** The calculation of the completed parts is based only on the priority of the files in torrent

Don't forget before use make backup bittorrent\utorrent, qbittorrent folder. and config %APPDATA%/Roaming/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.ini. Close all this program before.

Usage:
1.) Help (from cmd or powerwhell)

Code: Select all

C:\Users\user\Downloads> .\bt2qbt_v0.1_amd64.exe -h
Usage of C:\Users\user\Downloads\bt2qbt_v0.1_amd64.exe:
-c, --qconfig (= "C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\qBittorrent\\qBittorrent.ini")
    qBittorrent config files (for write tags)
-d, --destination (= "C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Local\\qBittorrent\\BT_backup\")
    Destination directory BT_backup (as default)
-s, --source (= "C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\uTorrent\")
    Source directory that contains resume.dat and torrents files
--without-labels  (= false)
    Do not export/import labels
--without-tags  (= false)
    Do not export/import tags
2.) If you just run application, it will processing torrents from %APPDATA%\uTorrent\ to %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent\BT_BACKUP\
Example:

It will be performed processing from directory C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\ to directory C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup\
Check that the qBittorrent is turned off and the directory C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup\ and config C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent\qBittorrent.ini is backed up.

Press Enter to start

Started
1/2 Sucessfully imported 1.torrent
2/2 Sucessfully imported 2.torrent

Press Enter to exit
3.) Run application from cmd or powershell with keys, if you want change source dir or destination dir, or export/import behavior
Example:

C:\Users\user\Downloads> .\bt2qbt_v0.1_amd64.exe -s C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\
It will be performed processing from directory C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\ to directory C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup\
Check that the qBittorrent is turned off and the directory C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup\ is backed up.

If there are any errors or if it help you - write there
[/quote]

I ran this, made the (apparent) adjustments, but it failed -

PS C:\Temp> C:\Temp> C:\Temp\> .\bt2qbt_v0.1_amd64.exe -h
>> >> Usage of C:\Temp\bt2qbt_v0.1_amd64.exe:
>> >> -c, --qconfig (= "C:\\Users\\username}\\AppData\\Roaming\\qBittorrent\\qBittorrent.ini")
>> >>     qBittorrent config files (for write tags)
>> >> -d, --destination (= "C:\\Users\\{username}\\AppData\\Local\\qBittorrent\\BT_backup\")
>> >>     Destination directory BT_backup (as default)
>> >> -s, --source (= "J:\\Bit Torrent Clients\\uTorrent v2_2_1 (Build 25302) v3\")
>> >>     Source directory that contains resume.dat and torrents files
At line:3 char:6
+ >> -c, --qconfig (= "C:\\Users\\{username}\\AppData\\Roaming\\qBitt ...
+      ~
Missing argument in parameter list.
At line:5 char:6
+ >> -d, --destination (= "C:\\Users\\{username}\\AppData\\Local\\qBi ...
+      ~
At line:7 char:6
+ >> -s, --source (= "J:\\Bit Torrent Clients\\uTorrent v2_2_1 (Build 2 ...
+      ~
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MissingArgument

I DO want to import the LABELS.

Also, I am clearly substituting {username} for the User folder.

Thanks for any assistance!!! :)

PS:  I don't suppose there's any chance to evolve this into a GUI where you could more easily browse for the applicable folders and select checkboxes for whether you want labels &/or tags.
EDIT:  Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm not using the Apps folder for uT, but the installation folder?  (I will create that folder and copy the files there as a test!)
Last edited by DeathStalker on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Now I have the .torrent files stored in various locations.  I was expecting this to parse out the info from the RESUME.DAT file itself, so it knows exactly where the titles are stored.  I'm not sure I see the necessity for the original .torrent files (I hope I'm wrong).

Thanks!
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="DeathStalker"]
Now I have the .torrent files stored in various locations.  I was expecting this to parse out the info from the RESUME.DAT file itself, so it knows exactly where the titles are stored.  I'm not sure I see the necessity for the original .torrent files (I hope I'm wrong).

Thanks!
[/quote]
If I correctly understood the last two messages (the previous one is not very well formed):
1.) You need to get the latest version, that is 1.0. You may download at direct link in first post. I did not think that it is necessary to update the examples so that it was clear that you do not need use version 0.1
2.) If you do not want to import labels, then accordingly you need the --without-labels argument when run program, but it appeared in more recent versions.
3.) Torrent files that stored in various locations must be processed. At least I tested it, and all was fine.

Write here when you get the result, please.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Ok, upon re-reading your post, I ran JUST the EXE in the Downloads folder (properly named, of course) - it *appears* to be successful - at least the torrents it listed indicated successful.  It is taking quite some time for QBT to load (Not Responding but the mem usage is increasing) - ~2k torrents.  Will post an update if/when it successfully launches.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="DeathStalker"]
Ok, upon re-reading your post, I ran JUST the EXE in the Downloads folder (properly named, of course) - it *appears* to be successful - at least the torrents it listed indicated successful.  It is taking quite some time for QBT to load (Not Responding but the mem usage is increasing) - ~2k torrents.  Will post an update if/when it successfully launches.
[/quote]
For the first run qbittorrent, this is normal, it will work faster later. I imported about 4 thousand torrents, the same behavior.
In the output of the program at the end there was a message that some torrents were exported with errors?
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

No, no errors were reported, but there were issues with some uncompleted titles - QBT set them back to 0%, even though some were at 97%+.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Ok, so I actually have both running to test things - I have NO connections with QBT, but I do with uT.

I am concerned about the partially finished titles that apparently were reset to 0% and are re-downloading (especially those that are on ratio-based trackers).
  Upon further examination - it appears that it is not recognizing the .!ut extension of them, ignoring them, and creating new .!qB files.

Also, I noticed that some completed files were also not properly hashed, but manually removing the .!qB extension allowed them to be properly opened - this also happened with RAR-type files as well as PDFs.
Last edited by DeathStalker on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="DeathStalker"]
Ok, so I actually have both running to test things - I have NO connections with QBT, but I do with uT.

I am concerned about the partially finished titles that apparently were reset to 0% and are re-downloading (especially those that are on ratio-based trackers).
  Upon further examination - it appears that it is not recognizing the .!ut extension of them, ignoring them, and creating new .!qB files.

Also, I noticed that some completed files were also not properly hashed, but manually removing the .!qB extension allowed them to be properly opened - this also happened with RAR-type files as well as PDFs.
[/quote]

It's not a bug. I modify the first topic message:
[quote="rumanzo"]
* This torrents will not be done (0%) and will need force rehash
** The calculation of the completed parts is based only on the priority of the files in torrent
*** Partially downloaded torrents will be visible as 100% completed, but in fact you will need to do a rehash. Without rehash torrents not will be valid. This is due to the fact that conversion of .dat files in which parts of objects are stored is not implemented.
[/quote]
dm01

Post by dm01 »

Hello I am a little stupid can you help me?
I want to export 266 torrents from DELUGE to qbittorent.
My deluge list is stored : C:\Users\cagri\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state
My downloaded and seeding files are in d:\torrent
Should I just run exe file, or should I run a command ?
Thanks.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="dm01"]
Thanks.
[/quote]
Hi! You are not stupid, good question :-)
In your's case (if it standard install for deluge and qBittorrent) you can just run exe file and follow instructions.
It makes sense to run program from command line if you need to change the program's behavior (for example, not import tags) or if the user has a non-standard location of Deluge\qBittorrent\uTorrent\Bittorrent files (basically they stored in %APPDATA%).
There are no destructive actions in the program, but if previously qBittorrent was used, then it is better to make a backup.
dm01

Post by dm01 »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="dm01"]
Thanks.
[/quote]
Hi! You are not stupid, good question :-)
In your's case (if it standard install for deluge and qBittorrent) you can just run exe file and follow instructions.
It makes sense to run program from command line if you need to change the program's behavior (for example, not import tags) or if the user has a non-standard location of Deluge\qBittorrent\uTorrent\Bittorrent files (basically they stored in %APPDATA%).
There are no destructive actions in the program, but if previously qBittorrent was used, then it is better to make a backup.
[/quote]

succesfully exported my torrents. thanks for this small program.