Updated to Ubuntu 19.04 - Missing FIles

Linux specific questions, problems.
jkovarik

Updated to Ubuntu 19.04 - Missing FIles

Post by jkovarik »

Hi All,

Just started playing with Ubuntu and had qbittorrent working great on the 18.04 version, but I updated the other day to 19.04 and when opening qbittorrent, it shows as al of my seeding torrents are 'Missing Files'. I have update my version to the latest qbittorrent but that did not resolve it.

Al of my downloads are stored on a direct attached drive to my actual Ubuntu machine so not sure if that makes a difference. I can still see and access everything that has been downloaded on that external disk. Not new torrents will download and I receive IO errors when trying to start new ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kove
jivan40

Re: Updated to Ubuntu 19.04 - Missing FIles

Post by jivan40 »

The only way I know and this does happen every now and then is to force re-check every torrent file which has missing files and see that the piece hashes match each other which the torrent client will d-o. While I do not know why I have had the same issue multiple tim8es throughout qb's journey till date.
jkovarik

Post by jkovarik »

Cheers @jivan40. Will give that a go this evening
jkovarik

Post by jkovarik »

Unfortunately that did not resolve the issue.

I have tried forcing a recheck a number of times, tried new torrents etc and all fail and go in to a 'stalled' state of just sit there as 'downloading' but there is no activity either up nor down. Since new files are showing the same issue, is there a way that I can roll back my version of qbittorrent easily?

Just to add to it, when I restart qbittorrent, everything seems to start up and start downloading as it should, but within a minute or so the speed slows down to the point that the torrent stalls. Even if I am only working with a single torrent.

I tried uninstalling with the purge option but as soon as I reinstall, all of my torrents are still listed there. I was hoping that i could completely uninstall and start fresh with a new download to test. If I have to lose the current seeding files, then so be it.

Cheers
Last edited by jkovarik on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.